The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Sharks Nov 2 7PM on CBC

Rate this topic

Baer.

4 minutes ago, fecklund said:

We don't know how this is going to play out. Only that it's going to be difficult to navigate. It might not have anything to do with the expansion draft. Remember what happened in Vegas. We saw a smorgasbord of deals, side deals, deals made to make other deals... you couldn't blink without missing something.
So i think to say "there's no way Marky ends up in Seattle" is pretty premature. It could very well happen, one way or the other. Especially if whoever's in charge here then, sees a deal that makes sense, even though losing him would sting.
Again, I don't want him in Seattle. They're already talking $#@ about us and don't even have a name for their team yet.
In a perfect world, you retain everyone... but that just isn't realistic. Not anymore. 

Rather than losing 2-3 guys, just make a trade with Seattle to any other team in the league outside the conference that needs a goalie and we get 2-3 guys back, including draft pick and we still lose a guy via the expansion draft and we'd be left in a good hand with Demko/DiPietro combo for years to come with a draft pick and whoever coming back.   This is reason why Benning drafted DiPetro as a back-up plan if he had to lose someone.  3rd/4th line is replaceable but goaltender is not as it has its unique goalie personality/styles.  That will be taken care of at next TDL or before Expansion draft.  I am not sure if the league would freeze the roster after protection list is submitted to prevent a side deals with other teams like they did in Vegas.

8 minutes ago, fecklund said:

You do realize that "beyond meat" is an industry code word for "ground up, processed left over CRAP we've convinced you is healthy"

Beyond is good,  far better than beef my opinion,  it doesnt destroy rainforests

Edited by DS4quality