Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | November (03-09) 2019

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

I'm going back and forth between leafs vs kings and MTL vs Boston

 

Both tied in 3rd. I find it amusing leafs are trying to beat the worst team in the league while Habs trying to beat best team in league. 

 

Both teams trying very hard. Lol..

 

Leafs are supposed to be cup contenders.

 

I find that quite amusing. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Oilers will prob beat the Blues tonight as I think the Blues will put Jake Allen in net tonight. They got the easier goalie to beat.

Guess not.  Blues still show why they are the team to beat. 6 W straight, tops in the west.

 

Nux can take the div lead next game.  

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Guess not.  Blues still show why they are the team to beat. 6 W straight, tops in the west.

 

Nux can take the div lead next game.  

I am glad to be wrong. I watched parts of this game, tbh the Canucks look a lot better against the Blues. Canucks actually matched the them play by play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Oil couldn't even get a point off the Blues! Woo!

I watched the game and the Blues played like a tired team.  Still the Coil stunk out their building.  Coil are done.  Their team seriously stinks like a three day old porta party.  No wonder Poolparty refuses to ever play their again.  He has a sensitive nose for awful smells!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I watched the game and the Blues played like a tired team.  Still the Coil stunk out their building.  Coil are done.  Their team seriously stinks like a three day old porta party.  No wonder Poolparty refuses to ever play their again.  He has a sensitive nose for awful smells!  

I caught the last bit, you could def tell that the Blues were on the second half of a back to back. We weren't easy on them last night. But even then, their commitment to their defensive game was still impressive and enough to fend off Edmonton's stars and shallow depth. 

 

I wonder where Poolparty goes, I hope he sticks to his guns. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I watched the game and the Blues played like a tired team.  Still the Coil stunk out their building.  Coil are done.  Their team seriously stinks like a three day old porta party.  No wonder Poolparty refuses to ever play their again.  He has a sensitive nose for awful smells!  

Oilers before the game 

 

"This is important an important game, will tell us where we're at" 

 

Proceeds to lose 5-2. :lol:

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I caught the last bit, you could def tell that the Blues were on the second half of a back to back. We weren't easy on them last night. But even then, their commitment to their defensive game was still impressive and enough to fend off Edmonton's stars and shallow depth. 

 

I wonder where Poolparty goes, I hope he sticks to his guns. 

Well Poolparty ain’t going back to Smellville.  And I don’t blame the kid.  The Oilers are now losing games, so this will put some pressure on Holland to move Poolparty for veteran help.  Seriously McDavid and Draisatl are fabulous players.  They deserve to have the best players Holland can manage to get around them.  This Holland not trading Poolparty for a veteran player us just hurting those two star Oilers.  Bring in a veteran or two who can take some of those minutes off the two greats.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Well Poolparty ain’t going back to Smellville.  And I don’t blame the kid.  The Oilers are now losing games, so this will put some pressure on Holland to move Poolparty for veteran help.  Seriously McDavid and Draisatl are fabulous players.  They deserve to have the best players Holland can manage to get around them.  This Holland not trading Poolparty for a veteran player us just hurting those two star Oilers.  Bring in a veteran or two who can take some of those minutes off the two greats.  

Funny thing is everyone knows Poolparty wants out. Edmonton isn't likely to get full value for him, so while he doesn't want to be in Edmonton what they can actually get for him is questionable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Funny thing is everyone knows Poolparty wants out. Edmonton isn't likely to get full value for him, so while he doesn't want to be in Edmonton what they can actually get for him is questionable. 

Holland sounds like he wants a young guy and a pick.  McDavid and Draisatl don’t need that,  they need a couple grizzly old vets.  We’re not trading them anyone, but they need guys like Beagle and Schaller.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Holland sounds like he wants a young guy and a pick.  McDavid and Draisatl don’t need that,  they need a couple grizzly old vets.  We’re not trading them anyone, but they need guys like Beagle and Schaller.  

Holland ain't likely to get what he wants, not of the caliber he's probably hoping for anyway. Problem is Edmonton only has about 3m in cap space. They'll be rid of Gagner's 3ish mil after this year and they can walk away from Smith if they want, but they don't have any significant cap opening up. They've got Nuge hitting ufa in 21/22 but I imagine they'll want to keep him and they'll have to pay Nurse who's an RFA sometime this season. They haven't been managed very well capwise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Holland ain't likely to get what he wants, not of the caliber he's probably hoping for anyway. Problem is Edmonton only has about 3m in cap space. They'll be rid of Gagner's 3ish mil after this year and they can walk away from Smith if they want, but they don't have any significant cap opening up. They've got Nuge hitting ufa in 21/22 but I imagine they'll want to keep him and they'll have to pay Nurse who's an RFA sometime this season. They haven't been managed very well capwise. 

They have no cap space.  They expect Larsson back - he is expected back in about two weeks.  Those 3M is because they have him on LTIR but he's a 4.17M cap hit.  They'll probably move Brodziak to LTIR to find the additional space they need to activate him.

 

Edited by mll
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

I am glad to be wrong. I watched parts of this game, tbh the Canucks look a lot better against the Blues. Canucks actually matched the them play by play.

 

I think Nux are better than Oils.  Can't wait to see them play oils again. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, mll said:

They have no cap space.  They expect Larsson back - he is expected back in about two weeks.  Those 3M is because they have him on LTIR but he's a 4.17M cap hit.  They'll probably move Brodziak to LTIR to find the additional space they need to activate him.

 

That's right, I forgot we'd broken Larsson. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...