The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MARKSTROM: GLORY GUY or $$$ GUY

Rate this topic

Snapshot85

8 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Comparing McDavids salary to Boesers is NOT an analogy. I think it is you who needs some work on your English language skills. Lord have mercy.

slide_2.jpg

ok then

you got me

your comprehension skills are out of this world

:wub:

Edited by coastal.view
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

ok then

you got me

your comprehension skills are out of this world

:wub:

Yeah, clearly you're like a car with only one working headlight, not very bright. <-----------thats an analogy:frantic:

For the record, McDavid went from $3.75m on his ELC (including performance bonuses) to $12.5m. So in terms of percentage of increase he actually got less of a raise than Boeser.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Comparing McDavids salary to Boesers is NOT an analogy. I think it is you who needs some work on your English language skills. Lord have mercy.

slide_2.jpg

Are you not reading the definition YOU posted? :lol:

Comparison McDavid, Boeser alike(signing contracts), not alike(different contracts)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, gurn said:

If they trade Markstrom, and protect Demko which goalie will be exposed to the expansion draft?

They’d just need to keep a guy like Bachman or McIntyre on the books. I don’t think goalies have a games played category for the minimum exposure requirements (unlike skaters), they just need to be under contract or a pending RFA, and meet the “third year professional” status

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Current team Expansion Reality (I think?)

Player   (7)                                                        Protected                           Exempt                         Unprotected

Ericksson……………………...………………………...…………………………No...……………...……..Ericksson

Boeser……………………………………………..Boeser

Horvat...…………………………………………...Horvat

Miller...……………………………………………..Miller

Sutter...………...…...…………………………......……………………………….No...………...…………..Sutter

Pearson...…...…………......…………………...………………………………….No......…………...……..Pearson

Baertschi...……………………………………......…………………...…………..No...…………………….Baertschi

Beagle...…………………………………………………………………………….No...…………………….Beagle

Schaller...…………………………...………………………………………………No...…………………….Schaller

Leivo………………………………………………………………………………...No...……………...……..Leivo

Virtanen...………………………………………….Virtanen

Pettersson...……………………………………….Pettersson

Gaudette...…………………………………………Gaudette

Roussel...…………………………………………………………………………...No...……………………..Roussel

Ferland……………………………………………..Ferland

Motte...……………………………………...……………………………………….No...……………………..Motte

Goldobin................................................................................................................................................Goldobin

Player    (3)                                                       Protected                           Exempt                         Unprotected

Myers...……………………………………………Myers

Edler...…………………………………………………………………………………………………......…...Edler................will be a UFA and 34 years of age

Tanev...…………………………………………………………………………………………...…………….Tanev

Hughes...………………………………………………………………………….Hughes

Benn...…………………………………………………………………………………………………………..Benn................will be a UFA and 33 years of age

Stecher..............................................................Stecher

Joulevi…………………………………………......Juolevi

Brisebois...............................................................................................................................................Brisebois

Sautner..................................................................................................................................................Sautner

Tryamkin ......................................................................................................Tryamkin*

Goalies    (1)                                                      Protected                           Exempt                         Unprotected                                             

Markstrom ..........................................................................................................................................Markstrom    

Demko.................................................................Demko

DiPietro..........................................................................................................DiPietro

My understanding is that Tryamkin is safe, because he has been in Europe.....Not 100% sure on that one????

To me, this leaves only Tanev and Markstrom as the only truly above average players exposed for the draft..............what do you want to do???

I believe like Edlers contract Tanev will also be up - they could pick him but he’d still be free to sign somewhere else come July - and don’t think they’d risk it.   As far as defenseman go we really have set ourselves up for the ED - Myers, Stetcher and OJ probably get protected unless we sign another UFA this summer like we did with Myers which is possible.    Markstrom next contract and what happens over the next year with Holtby will play mostly into whether or not they go with him.   No way they pick them both - but I guess it’s possible.    Think we might lose a forward this time around, and all this Markstrom worry will amount to about as much as the Gaunce worry last time ha ha.   

EP, Miller,BB, Horvat, JV, AG plus ?? - the next guy after that...hard to say who that is... Ferland maybe.   Maybe Schaller has a great year and we re-sign him hard to say.   At this player we could actually afford to add one more solid top six guy and still not lose anything of consequence upfront.  JB has done a masterful job of preparing for this draft - like he was physic and new when it was coming or something.  

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I believe like Edlers contract Tanev will also be up - they could pick him but he’d still be free to sign somewhere else come July - and don’t think they’d risk it.   As far as defenseman go we really have set ourselves up for the ED - Myers, Stetcher and OJ probably get protected unless we sign another UFA this summer like we did with Myers which is possible.    Markstrom next contract and what happens over the next year with Holtby will play mostly into whether or not they go with him.   No way they pick them both - but I guess it’s possible.    Think we might lose a forward this time around, and all this Markstrom worry will amount to about as much as the Gaunce worry last time ha ha.   

EP, Miller,BB, Horvat, JV, AG plus ?? - the next guy after that...hard to say who that is... Ferland maybe.   Maybe Schaller has a great year and we re-sign him hard to say.   At this player we could actually afford to add one more solid top six guy and still not lose anything of consequence upfront.  JB has done a masterful job of preparing for this draft - like he was physic and new when it was coming or something.  

I don't disagree

But I have a question about some players...…..Markstrom, Tanev can we re-sign them and have enough over the next year to pay Pettersson, Demko and Hughes?

And stay under the cap...…….

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I don't disagree

But I have a question about some players...…..Markstrom, Tanev can we re-sign them and have enough over the next year to pay Pettersson, Demko and Hughes?

And stay under the cap...…….

Good points.   Probably not both....crunch time is coming.  Trading Markstrom won’t give a lot for a replacement - same with Tanev - but at this time every little bit counts and will continue to count going forward.   We are now a cap team (even with dead money) and will continue to be for a very long time.   It will get shuffled around and Markstrom might get traded just for the relief - same with playing Bear again and then sending him back down with the hope he gets nabbed after he’s eligible again...every bit counts at this point.  Seattle could take a go at one of these guys knowing we are in a pinch and will only offer them so much if any at all (Sutter, Tanev, Edler etc).  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Good points.   Probably not both....crunch time is coming.  Trading Markstrom won’t give a lot for a replacement - same with Tanev - but at this time every little bit counts and will continue to count going forward.   We are now a cap team (even with dead money) and will continue to be for a very long time.   It will get shuffled around and Markstrom might get traded just for the relief - same with playing Bear again and then sending him back down with the hope he gets nabbed after he’s eligible again...every bit counts at this point.  Seattle could take a go at one of these guys knowing we are in a pinch and will only offer them so much if any at all (Sutter, Tanev, Edler etc).  

Yes, and there is also Stecher, Gaudette and Virtanen and Tryamkin to re-sign

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Cheers 1

• 3 months later...