The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Milan Lucic suspended 2 games

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, Calgary will be a better team for 2 games???

Not sure I like that, as Canucks fans, we should file an appeal and ask them to rescind the suspension. :)

Calgary might appeal to have the suspension extended.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, khay said:

He was an effective power forward but that style of play must have taken a lot of toll on his body. My guess is that he will be "retiring" (I mean go on the LTIR) as soon as next season.

Agreed, I think in his time he was a decent player, but his time has passed.  Although, even when his skills were decent, his attitude on the ice was horrible and I'm so glad he never wore Canuck colours.  He's truly a shell of his former self.  I'd take Louie and his contract over Milan and his any day.  Wonder if there is a lesson in that for GM's signing aging FA players...nah, it will still happen and there will continue to be albatross contracts out there.  Too bad there are no minimum standards that have to be met to continue earning one's pay.  Wonder if there will ever be a clause bargained that would allow teams to escape bad contracts if the player can't live up to them.  Bit of a double edged sword I guess.  

I'm confused. I did the same thing last night in my rec league game. Which is non contact. Afterwards, everyone (and that includes the guy who hacked at the goalie to dislodge the puck) knew he shouldn't have, and what happened to him was nothing special. Just a shot to the chin while he fell against the boards.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Monty said:

I'm confused. I did the same thing last night in my rec league game. Which is non contact. Afterwards, everyone (and that includes the guy who hacked at the goalie to dislodge the puck) knew he shouldn't have, and what happened to him was nothing special. Just a shot to the chin while he fell against the boards.

Not sure what kind of rules your Rec league uses, but any league I've ever played in, that's a penalty at the very least. In Oldtimers, it would get you tossed 99% of the time.

In the NHL, the zebras are always concerned about affecting the outcome of games, which is why they gave Looch 4 minutes and Sherwood 2 for the "slash". I guarantee, if he hadn't been punched by Lucic, the dig by Sherwood isn't penalized.

• Cheers 1

Considering how they're really trying to get head shots out of the game, an unprovoked sucker punch directly to the head should be severely judged. There was no reason for it either. He just snapped. Time for Lucic to hang 'em up, maybe the octagon is better suited for him.  

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Not sure what kind of rules your Rec league uses,

The one where goalies are protected so they don’t get broken fingers from idiots unnecessarily slashing at their hands when the puck is covered.

11 minutes ago, Monty said:

The one where goalies are protected so they don’t get broken fingers from idiots unnecessarily slashing at their hands when the puck is covered.

Looked like a dig in the pads to me...but it must be quite the league you play in where a blatant punch to the face isn't considered a penalty...

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

.but it must be quite the league you play in where a blatant punch to the face isn't considered a penalty...

With goalies always difficult to come by, we want to make sure that they’re taken care of. We’ve got goalies between the ages of 35-50 in our league. The last thing they or anyone else needs is someone thinking that hacking at their hands is appropriate. So yeah, a punch to the face is pretty normal.

As is the occasional fight.

8 minutes ago, Monty said:

With goalies always difficult to come by, we want to make sure that they’re taken care of. We’ve got goalies between the ages of 35-50 in our league. The last thing they or anyone else needs is someone thinking that hacking at their hands is appropriate. So yeah, a punch to the face is pretty normal.

As is the occasional fight.

That's interesting.....I've played all over BC and Alberta and I've never played in a Rec League that allows fighting....in fact, I'm pretty sure that Hockey Canada mandates a game misconduct for it.

They must do things different in Manitoba....:unsure:

• Cheers 1