The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Milan Lucic suspended 2 games

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

They must do things different in Manitoba....:unsure:

This.

Our games, which are the very last game on Sunday’s, don’t have time for guys disrespecting the rules. Those things, like punching or fighting, are understood that the guy had it coming.

That said, when there’s a fight, those guys are done for the evening.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Considering how they're really trying to get head shots out of the game, an unprovoked sucker punch directly to the head should be severely judged. There was no reason for it either. He just snapped. Time for Lucic to hang 'em up, maybe the octagon is better suited for him.  

Even with hockey gloves on he gets pummeled.

26 minutes ago, Monty said:

This.

Our games, which are the very last game on Sunday’s, don’t have time for guys disrespecting the rules. Those things, like punching or fighting, are understood that the guy had it coming.

That said, when there’s a fight, those guys are done for the evening.

Probably just drop in hockey some where. 

You know...where the pro's of TV hockey go to play. 

• Wat 1

22 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so whats the message here from DoPS?  seems very light to me. 

22 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

Lucky He didn’t fall and break his neck

21 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Yeah it sends a message that if you wear a Canucks jersey and are the 'perp', you'll get the book thrown at you.

Yep, I remember a similar incident happen, the sentence was a lot more heavier then 2 games though.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Considering how they're really trying to get head shots out of the game, an unprovoked sucker punch directly to the head should be severely judged. There was no reason for it either. He just snapped. Time for Lucic to hang 'em up, maybe the octagon is better suited for him.  

Won't work; Lucic can't count to eight.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

Probably just drop in hockey some where. 

You know...where the pro's of TV hockey go to play. 

Sounds like you play:bigblush:

i don’t want lucic on the Canucks either but I’ll take that response any day.

and ftr it may be just beer league or reC or whatever but I’ve played in Vancouver, Squamish and now van isle and sure there are rules but crosschecks, hits,  fights, you name it still happen.  It’s hockey.

Edited by riffraff
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, riffraff said:

Meh if any of our players did this to protect our goalies I’d be thrilled.

lucic butthurt lives on at cdc.

Get in his face, a couple of shoves while he can at least see you, no issue; challenge him like a man instead of a scared b****.  Sucker punching a guy like that is a cowardly move but I am not surprised that Lucic would stoop to that level.  I would not be happy to see anyone disgrace the Canucks jersey like this worthless piece of garbage does every time he sets foot on the ice.  "Lucic butthurt" wouldn't exist if he was worthy of an iota of our respect.

Edited by King Heffy

25 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Get in his face, a couple of shoves while he can at least see you, no issue; challenge him like a man instead of a scared b****.  Sucker punching a guy like that is a cowardly move but I am not surprised that Lucic would stoop to that level.  I would not be happy to see anyone disgrace the Canucks jersey like this worthless piece of garbage does every time he sets foot on the ice.  "Lucic butthurt" wouldn't exist if he was worthy of an iota of our respect.

He’s a mean guy. Period.  It’s not like he hasn’t squared up and fought all comers before.  People see lucic react like that and the standard assessment is given yet nobody mentions how cheap it is to jab/hack a goalies glove hand where his fingers are more or less totally vulnerable.

not saying you, but if you’re not experienced in the game as a participant those details go unnoticed.

if you’re jo schmo nhl and you do this with lucic on the ice expect to be dealt with.

big boy sport in a big boy league.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, riffraff said:

Meh if any of our players did this to protect our goalies I’d be thrilled.

lucic butthurt lives on at cdc.

I don't know why they suspended him for 2 games. A kid playing his 2nd career NHL game running around hitting players all night then pokes at the goalie. Ofcourse he was going to get roughed up a bit.. 

Punch to face from the front while looking at each other. Not a sucker punch or nothing. 

And ofcourse. If Sherwood was going after EP Boeser Hughes all night and then pokes at Demko like that we would be screaming for Ferland to do something like that.

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

In all honesty, Sherwood got what he deserve by running rough shot at the Flames players all night, and jabbing at the puck for no reason.

On that play, you can clearly see when Sherwood shot the puck, Rittich had it covered up with no problem. There was absolutely no reason for Sherwood to jar the puck loose on that particular shot on net.  

Did Lucic go overboard? Probably. Was it worth a suspension? Maybe.  But I have no problem with what Lucic did to Sherwood. You must protect your goalie at all cost, and you certainly can’t let some nobody injury a key player on your team.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I just watched "Thats Hockey" where they discussed the Lucic punch and suspension.

Lord knows I am no defender of Lucic. However, after watching that sherwood punk spear the Calgary goalie after sherwood has played three NHL games, and then stands there with his hands down watching a Flame come at him,  just shows how stupid the little punk is.

They showed the punch a bunch of times and it certainly WAS NOT a sucker punch. The little puke sherwood spears the goalie, then is sooooo stupid he leaves his hands at his sides after his own dirty actions while Lucic goes at him.  sherwood is a puke...

I am totally on Lucic's side on this one.

And if some little crap like sherwood spears Demko (lord forbid gets his hand broken) I want our team coming down on that puke hard....just like I did when our team did nothing as Petey got body slammed.

I normally like geno reda but he has turned into a totally pus&% spouting crap like you can't hit anyone in the nhl anymore.  

Pathetic that punks like sherwood and matheson get away with cheap shots like this.......disgusting....

I sorta side with looch on this one, but the big dumb lug should have just dropped the mitts and took the instigator instead of doing his typical gloved punch thing. Sooner or later, the league was going to have to address it.   Like tommy sestito did with that big asshole on the kings that one time.