The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

If people don’t realize how Awful myers can be watch this game again

crippled our team with all his wide

shots, our best scoring chance in the first two periods was a gift wrapped back and forth pass and he came in short and shot wide a theme for the night 

Fumbles the puck at the line constantly and relies on his size but never uses it enough physically like chars

shoots wide in a 3 on 3 again then takes out his player leaving a 3 on 0.

myers also gave the puck right to Ryan oreillg  late in the third for a ntrakawah 

hes clumsy as hell and not a top pairing d man the fact he makes

mote then Mcavoy and werenski who both had just signed for less is a travesty

i know he would get over exposed with more minutes in Vancouver

@FedorFedorov you came back - thought the Ruskies got you when you went to the Ukraine

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

shots, our best scoring chance in the first two periods was a gift wrapped back and forth pass and he came in short and shot wide a theme for the night 

Fumbles the puck at the line constantly and relies on his size but never uses it enough physically like chars

myers also gave the puck right to Ryan oreillg  late in the third for a ntrakawah 

Wow.  We have the fourth best GA in the league, Myers is half of our top unit, and you are bitching about his play?  Give your head a shake.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, theo5789 said:

It's such a negative take on things. We broke through and got the point (points in 8 straight games). The no quit attitude of this team is excellent this year. We can't win them all and 3 on 3 won't happen in the postseason anyway. We have had close games against the defending Cup champs and it would be a hard fought playoff series that could go either way. Not bad company to be in. So we haven't "won" in OT yet, we have also handily won games to not even require OT. Our record and numbers speak for themselves, the team is doing just fine this year so far, so I will trust Green will get things in order. Not worried at all.

Completely agree with your whole post, and as far as Patersons tweet, I see nothing wrong with getting 7 out of 10 points, sure 10 out of 10 would have been better but like you said "We can't win them all"

14 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Wow.  We have the fourth best GA in the league, Myers is half of our top unit, and you are bitching about his play?  Give your head a shake.

The cute little under the bridge dwellers are still coming out, and will continue even after this team’s celebrates winning Lord Stanley’s Cup June 2020.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Just say ‘no’ - moderation my friend ... moderation ...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

poor markey. He had 2 bad showings against Washington and L.A. He redeems himself in a game where he allows 1 in regulation but no win, the same happens again, where he only allows 1 through 60 minutes, not a win again.

At lease his GAA is still pretty good and, for this game, he sealed his own fate by being gun shy about charging the puck. He is doing great this year and will learn from this. Perhaps he will start coming way out of the crease in OT when team has possession...

20 hours ago, Grape said:

I thought our passes were incredibly crisp on the contrary.

In fact I thought we played best game of the year (along with 5-3 vs the Kings).

Interesting, to me it seemed the Blues' puck retrieval and passing was clicking better, whether it be from serendipitous bounces and/or being more calibrated. They sure know how to force other teams to their style of play. A great road team that I suggest can only be countered with a better PP and more retribution for incessant and unacceptable smothering of Nucks talent.   

7 hours ago, Heretic said:

I didn't say Markstrom should have skated out - I said I would have - less embarrassing - and makes your team embarrassed instead.  I know - as I speak from experience when I used to play - nothing worse than a 3 or 4 on nothing and you look down the ice and your team mates are standing there, or going for a line change - at least have the guts to try and get back to help.

75419021_2501627996553200_6694209394176950272_n.jpg

The only solution prior to this was; not to have Markstrom charge to the puck and repeat last weeks error, but take a too many men on the ice penalty by coming off the bench to stop play. Yes we would incur ridicule, but it would give us opportunity to fight another play. Lol

19 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

The fact we got a point off the cup champs and the Oilers skating away with no points against the champs, feels like a win to me.

Yip. And the Oilers played a tired, traveled Blues team off a back to back. 

6 minutes ago, rekker said:

Yip. And the Oilers played a tired, traveled Blues team off a back to back. 

The Blues didn’t look tired at all. Edmonton isn’t as good as Vancouver. The Canucks are a complete team, and Edmonton is two NHL forwards and the Bakersfield Condors. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Blues didn’t look tired at all. Edmonton isn’t as good as Vancouver. The Canucks are a complete team, and Edmonton is two NHL forwards and the Bakersfield Condors. 

and our cast aways - don't they have Kassian, Gagner, Grandlund? and something tells me there might be more