The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, hammertime said:

automatic goal of market pushes net off

Heh, heard on the radio that someone on the bench should've just jumped onto the ice and touched the puck and take the two many men penalty.

Even that would have to take very quick thinking, and probably would only work once before they changed the rule.

I like that the Canucks went for it.

Doesn't bother me that they lost that way in OT. 

And Marky needs to stop his tantrums which signal to his ‘team’ that he’s not happy with their play. 

I’ve always wanted to do the same when my goalie makes a bad play and lets a stinker in. Imagine doing that?!

These goalies place themselves above the team and pile shame on them in front of a crowd and the benches, refs, management, etc. 

I’d absolutely love to see skaters return the favour just once. 

Green should've thrown out another Canucks player to try and disrupt the 3-man breakaway. Sure, they would've taken a too many men penalty, but at least they would've gotten a whistle. 

Not going to be overly upset with this one. STL came to play and they're a super tough team when they're on. Canucks proved they can hang with the best playing their best. Take the point and run, it'll help later in the year. Not bad being 1-0-1 against the defending champs so far this year. Curious how EDM does against them tonight.

3 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

And Marky needs to stop his tantrums which signal to his ‘team’ that he’s not happy with their play. 

I’ve always wanted to do the same when my goalie makes a bad play and lets a stinker in. Imagine doing that?!

These goalies place themselves above the team and pile shame on them in front of a crowd and the benches, refs, management, etc. 

Old gif somewhere but who was the player that nearly took the goalies head off after a goal with a stick swing?

one of them became a canuck I think.

Marky was more mad at himself and not his teammates. He'd never throw them under the bus. 

He was hoping for a miracle on ice save which, if he stopped them, would have been epic as hell. Generally peeps are harder on themselves. 

If he stopped it that would have been the save of the year.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

https://youtu.be/jETOshVnLO8

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

No.

Thats not what I mean.

This is an example of a player being mad because he made a mistake, peeling of the other way, as it were. 

I mean, I want to see a player break his stick when a goalie lets in a softy. 

And make sure it’s right there in the play with the camera still rolling. That would be some payback. 

Goalies drive me nuts. 

As a Dman, you have to keep their ego up and share blame when they get scored on, but not the accolades when they get to make an easy save. 

I just can’t stand when they must emphasize a mistake someone else might make, but you must never, ever reciprocate as a skater. 

29 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Heh, heard on the radio that someone on the bench should've just jumped onto the ice and touched the puck and take the two many men penalty.

Even that would have to take very quick thinking, and probably would only work once before they changed the rule.

Or the entire bench could have jumped on and just surrounded the net lol. Or Demko could have come out. 2 goalies versus 3 players. Fun.

That OT goal didn't make Markstrom look bad, he had little chance, but it did make the Canucks skaters look silly. I'm sure that will be a sports bloopers highlight. I didn't like Markstrom's reaction either. He wasn't mad at himself.

Thrilled that Hughes scored the tying goal and got them the point.

I think this game gives lots of promise and that the Canucks are good enough to make the playoffs, and good enough to compete against the best. It was physical and rough, very exciting hockey. 

1 hour ago, therodigy said:

Unfortunate end to an otherwise entertaining, playoff-style game. 

As an aside... at what point does setting a pick become interference? Because the Blues are either dirty with their pick-plays, or they're brilliant in their execution of opening lanes.

They have a master of dirty plays and interference at the top in their coach.   Berube was one tough sob, great fighter that was often a dirty player but could back it up better then most - and a total spaz at times, his teams could have a 2–1 the other way but he’d jump anyone who so much as looked at him funny every time (took a while before he learned to pick his spots about a decade).    Wonder what it’s like in his dressing room, he could play right now and beat the tar out of anyone playing in the league right now.   Must command a lot of respect that’s for certain.

9 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Canucks are 9-3-3, but yeah what does Green know? Sheesh.l

A good record doesn't make Green exempt from all criticism. Myself along with many others were calling for Hughes to be on pp1 since preseason, but it took the coaching staff 9games to realize this. The same can be said about OT.. It's quite obvious that speed kills in overtime, yet green refuses to put out our fastest skater (who also leads or is close to the lead on the team on takeaways?) it's been like this for seasons... I think he's actually been put out in the ot once or twice a season or two ago and looked dangerous as hell, but got put back in the dog house inexplicably. Jake had one of his better games of the season, would of been nice to see him rewarded with some time in the OT.