The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kakko not ready

Rate this topic

Alflives

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Okay, how about Krappo Kakko?  Is that better?  Guy plays for another team.  I hate his guts, and I’m so happy he’s looking like a complete bustaroo.  That’s all the better for us, right?  I mean the more young players on other teams that bustaroo the better chance we have of winning right?  

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Seriously, don’t strawman.  Krappo is a bustaroo.  Accept it.  Guy is a friggin’ minus 11 in 15 games!  He’s heading for a record minus 60!  The Rags are ruining the kid.  Send him to the AHL where he belongs, or he’s going to be another Poolparty.

I couldn't give a rat's tiny butthole whether Kakko makes it in the NHL or not.

My point is that you are judging him far too soon while also using a statistic that he doesn't have full control over.

He may become a bust or his play may pick up as the year goes on.

Sam Reinhart started out slow but has improved every year.  It could turn out to be the same with Kakko.

Like I said, if it were up to me I would have left him in the Liiga for another year but I understand why the Rangers didn't.

*edit* Just caught your edited add-on.  I hire a company to do my snow removal so I don't have to bother with it.  Also, it hasn't snowed yet where I live.

Edited by SabreFan1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

My point is that you are judging him far too soon while also using a statistic that he doesn't have full control over.

Sam Reinhart started out slow but has improved every year.  It could turn out to be the same with Kakko.

Like I said, if it were up to me I would have left him in the Liiga for another year but I understand why the Rangers didn't.

If you hate the Rags, than be happy they are ruining their top pick.  I’m happy about it, as all fans (who aren’t Rags fans) should be.  Kakko looks slow, weak, and completely lost.  Still say Podkolzin, our pick, will prove (like Pettersson and Hughes) to be the best players in their drafts.  Because I’m a Canuck’s fan on a Canuck’s board! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

If you hate the Rags, than be happy they are ruining their top pick.

I'm ambivalent when it comes to the Rangers.  I neither like nor dislike them.  Them winning or losing doesn't matter to me one way or the other unless they're competing with the Sabres for a playoff spot.  That hasn't been an issue for a decade or more considering the Sabres have sucked for the last 8 years.

I’m happy about it, as all fans (who aren’t Rags fans) should be.  Kakko looks slow, weak, and completely lost.

The only time that it matters to the Canucks how the Rangers do is when they play them twice a year.  The rest of the time, it doesn't matter how they do as far as Vancouver is concerned.

Still say Podkolzin, our pick, will prove (like Pettersson and Hughes) to be the best players in their drafts. 

Like I said after he was picked, the Canucks made a great choice with Podkolzin.  It's a tad premature though to say he'll be the best player from the draft.

Because I’m a Canuck’s fan on a Canuck’s board! 

That's all well and good, but what does being a Canucks fan have to do with anything when it comes to a team that the Canucks aren't competing for a playoff spot with.  If the Rangers suddenly started tearing up the league and rose in the ranks, it would have zero impact on the Canucks' playoff chances.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm ambivalent when it comes to the Rangers.  I neither like nor dislike them.  Them winning or losing doesn't matter to me one way or the other unless they're competing with the Sabres for a playoff spot.  That hasn't been an issue for a decade or more considering the Sabres have sucked for the last 8 years.

The only time that it matters to the Canucks how the Rangers do is when they play them twice a year.  The rest of the time, it doesn't matter how they do as far as Vancouver is concerned.

Like I said after he was picked, the Canucks made a great choice with Podkolzin.  It's a tad premature though to say he'll be the best player from the draft.

That's all well and good, but what does being a Canucks fan have to do with anything when it comes to a team that the Canucks aren't competing for a playoff spot with.  If the Rangers suddenly started tearing up the league and rose in the ranks, it would have zero impact on the Canucks' playoff chances.

As a Canuck’s fan I hate all other teams.  Can’t be a fence sitter.  Gotta hate them all, or is one a true fan of their team?  Krappo being a bustaroo is good for us.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

As a Canuck’s fan I hate all other teams.  Can’t be a fence sitter.  Gotta hate them all, or is one a true fan of their team?  Krappo being a bustaroo is good for us.  

I'm a fan of the game of hockey and not just a fan of the Sabres and the Canucks.  That's the difference between us.  I'd rather my teams win on their own merits and not just because they're playing lousy teams.

For instance, the Buffalo Bills are 6-2, but I would be lying if I said it was fully satisfying because the 6 teams that they beat were terrible teams and the two teams that they lost to are recent Super Bowl Champions.

If the Canucks and the Sabres go to the playoffs this year I would prefer that they both do it while beating some of the best teams in the league and not just beating other teams because the competition turned out to be, as you would say, a bunch of "bustaroos".

• Cheers 2

32 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

*edit* Just caught your edited add-on.  I hire a company to do my snow removal so I don't have to bother with it.  Also, it hasn't snowed yet where I live.

That got Alf all excited. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm a fan of the game of hockey and not just a fan of the Sabres and the Canucks.  That's the difference between us.  I'd rather my teams win on their own merits and not just because they're playing lousy teams.

For instance, the Buffalo Bills are 6-2, but I would be lying if I said it was fully satisfying because the 6 teams that they beat were terrible teams and the two teams that they lost to are recent Super Bowl Champions.

If the Canucks and the Sabres go to the playoffs this year I would prefer that they both do it while beating some of the best teams in the league and not just beating other teams because the competition turned out to be, as you would say, a bunch of "bustaroos".

I don’t care how we win, just so long as we do.  I hate all the other teams, starting with the Loser Leafs and the Friggin’ Flames.  

I cheer for the Bills too.  Still hate Scott Norwood.  Kelley and Smith, Thomas and all those guys deserved at least one Super Bowl.  

Edited by Alflives

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I cheer for the Bills too.  Still hate Scott Norwood.  Kelley and Smith, Thomas and all those guys deserved at least one Super Bowl.  

Nah.  I don't hate Norwood.  It never should have gotten down to that field goal.  Bill Pacells and Bill Belichick just had a far superior plan that day and the Giants executed it.

I skipped high school classes that day to go downtown and cheer for him and the rest of the team when they got back after losing to the Giants.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1991-01-29-9101090317-story.html

If i had Kakko on a team thats pretty much were Nucks were last year id simply put him on the first line, Panarin-Zibanejas-Kakko and let the kid play as many minutes as possible. 

Jack Hughes: 3G 4A -6 on 13gp 

Kaapo Kakko 3G 2A -11 on 13gp

those 2 will both be top 2 lines material but both need icetime and confidence. 

1 minute ago, Mrwipeout said:

If i had Kakko on a team thats pretty much were Nucks were last year id simply put him on the first line, Panarin-Zibanejas-Kakko and let the kid play as many minutes as possible. 

Jack Hughes: 3G 4A -6 on 13gp 

Kaapo Kakko 3G 2A -11 on 13gp

those 2 will both be top 2 lines material but both need icetime and confidence. 

They need ice time in the minors to both physically mature, and learn how to play without the puck.  Although I do believe Jack is far ahead of Kakko, I think they both should be sent down.  

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

If you hate the Rags, than be happy they are ruining their top pick.  I’m happy about it, as all fans (who aren’t Rags fans) should be.  Kakko looks slow, weak, and completely lost.  Still say Podkolzin, our pick, will prove (like Pettersson and Hughes) to be the best players in their drafts.  Because I’m a Canuck’s fan on a Canuck’s board! 

Being a Canucks fan doesnt mean wishing ill towards other teams or on young kids trying to fulfill their dreams or hoping for all other teams prospects bust. Its completely ok to be a fan of hockey as well as the Canucks. I'd personally like to see as much talent in the league as possible, an as much parity as possible, but for the Canucks to still end up on top. Every year. Forever.

Nothing wrong with that. 

• Upvote 1