The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keslers reign as the only Selke winner in franchise history about to end. But by who?

Rate this topic

apollo

Who Will win the Selke in 2020   

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, goalie13 said:

Isn't it a little early to be this drunk?

I barely drink since I had a scare about 2 years ago lol ... but fair opinion.

What part of this seems drunk? My only unreasonable comment was Elias, JT and Bo will finish 1, 2, and 3 in Selke voting. The league would never let 3 players from 1 team get all the glory.

Otherwise it was pretty bang on.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, apollo said:

What part of this seems drunk? My only unreasonable comment was Elias, JT and Bo will finish 1, 2, and 3 in Selke voting. The league would never let 3 players from 1 team get all the glory.

Tell us more about this scare

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

actually I think Elias is the closest to win it.  I doubt this season, but maybe. But some season in the future for sure.  He is already our best two way player.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, apollo said:

While I enjoy the enthusiasm, I feel like your predictions are way off base.  Sure they are off to a great start, but I haven't seen anything I would call Selke worthy. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

While I enjoy the enthusiasm, I feel like your predictions are way off base.  Sure they are off to a great start, but I haven't seen anything I would call Selke worthy. 

You're definitely right to some extent... I've gone over board and I guess I have a reputation as a homer... but you're telling me Petey isn't a lock for top 3 in Selke voting?

Forget that I said JT Bo Petey finish 1, 2, 3 in voting. Although I think they should ;)

4 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Are Patrice Bergeron and Ryan O’
Reilly no longer in the league? 

Not in Petey's league. It's the 2019-2020 season.

The Frank J. Selke Trophy is awarded annually to the National Hockey League forward who demonstrates the most skill in the defensive component of the game.  So far Petey is the front runner if you ask me

18 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Tell us more about this scare

Was getting sick all the time... More of a lifestyle change + epiphanies. I do still drink, did on Halloween but those nights are very few and far between for me now. Health is more of a priority.

Edited by apollo
  • Like 2

You're definitely right to some extent... I've gone over board and I guess I have a reputation as a homer... but you're telling me Petey isn't a lock for top 3 in Selke voting?

I am.

Sorry to break it to you.  ::D

3 minutes ago, apollo said:

Was getting sick all the time... More of a lifestyle change + epiphanies. I do still drink, did on Halloween but those nights are very few and far between for me now. Health is more of a priority.

Well that was disappointing. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RonMexico said:

Well that was disappointing. 

My drinking scare came at 22,000 feet.  I was taking my first skydiving jump.  My stupid parachute didn't open, and I accelerated like a furry (and cute, of course) bullet toward imminent death.  Luckily, and still the reason I only drink Scotch, I landed in a backyard pool that was completely full of scotch.  Literally Scotch saved my life!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, apollo said:

Forget that I said JT Bo Petey finish 1, 2, 3 in voting. Although I think they should ;)

Not in Petey's league. It's the 2019-2020 season.

The Frank J. Selke Trophy is awarded annually to the National Hockey League forward who demonstrates the most skill in the defensive component of the game.  So far Petey is the front runner if you ask me

Lol. Bergeron isn’t in Pettersson’s league? Really?  I know you’re a homer. But come on. 

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Lol. Bergeron isn’t in Pettersson’s league? Really?  I know you’re a homer. But come on. 

I'm not comparing the 2018-2019 season... or the one before that or the one before that... I'm talking about 2019-2020

It's not hard to believe 34 year old bergeron is regressing.

Petey is playing far better than Bergeron and you can argue his wingers aren't as good as Pastrnak or Marchand. Bergeron probably has half the points this year if he played on another line.

Edited by apollo
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, apollo said:

I'm not comparing the 2018-2019 season... or the one before that or the one before that... I'm talking about 2019-2020

It's not hard to believe 34 year old bergeron is regressing.

He’s centring  the single most dominant line in hockey.  And that’s hard for me to say because I despise the Bruins