The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keslers reign as the only Selke winner in franchise history about to end. But by who?

Rate this topic

apollo

Who Will win the Selke in 2020   

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Lmao x2!!! this is what happens when i try to use my phone in a restaurant without reading glasses!!

np man happens 

Also apollo lol at your options for the second poll. :lol:

Edited by Guest

43 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

So was the blow to the head you've obviously incurred recently.

Damn man that's pretty dark especially this early in the morning. Perhaps you're going thru something. 

I won't take offense tho it's ok. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day. Bless you. 

peace and love GIF

peace nyfw backstage GIF by NYFW: The Shows

2 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Is there a running joke I am missing here?  Pettersson for the Selke?  Him?  Really?

I mean, he is basically all offense and I'm okay with that.  He is poor at face faceoffs, doesnt kill penalties and has very few takeaways/shots blocked.  He doesnt even make a 30-man shortlist.

While I wouldn't put Petey on the Selke list quite yet, he is far from all offense. He is very defensively responsible for a top line and his backchecking is very aggressive. I'd say he has the chance to be in that conversation in a few years.

1 hour ago, Deets said:

While I wouldn't put Petey on the Selke list quite yet, he is far from all offense. He is very defensively responsible for a top line and his backchecking is very aggressive. I'd say he has the chance to be in that conversation in a few years.

He will never even come close to consideration until he gets a lot better at faceoffs.  It is one of the most important abilities of a defensive centre and probably the main reason Pettersson isnt used in defensive or PK situations.  He 40% at the dot.

My guess is that he will NOT even try to be the next Pavel Datsyuk.  He will be like the next Patrick Kane or just someone very offensive and slick hands.