The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Binnington believes he deserved the Calder over Elias Pettersson

Rate this topic

Eli4sPetterss0n

Chalk one up for the “who cares” pile. 

I don’t get why us fans get so worked up when an opposition player says something negative about our team or player? 

Who cares what they say about our team, its their own opinion. Of course Binnington is going to say he deserves the Calder after the second half he had and statistically, Binnington had a way better second half than Pettersson. 

• Upvote 3

Binnington was lights out in the playoffs. He stole a lot of games for the Blues. I still believe the Jets were the better team in their series but Binnington was the difference maker. If the Calder vote happened after the playoffs there is no doubt Binnington would have won it. But it doesn't, so get over it.

13 hours ago, shiznak said:

Chalk one up for the “who cares” pile. 

I don’t get why us fans get so worked up when an opposition player says something negative about our team or player? 

Who cares what they say about our team, its their own opinion. Of course Binnington is going to say he deserves the Calder after the second half he had and statistically, Binnington had a way better second half than Pettersson. 

I don't really see us getting "so worked up"....more, having fun with it.   I don't even really view it as negative.

But, in all fairness to Petey for those who want to compare:   let's face it, it's easy to have a way better second half when you don't even play the first half (32 games versus Petey's 71).  Jordan came in around Christmas (didn't he?) and his first couple of games he let in 13 goals.  In the cup finals the 3 losses he let in 16 goals.  "Lights out".   I know it doesn't count and things are already decided by then...but if you're going to cut Petey down I think it's only fair to look at Jordan's big picture too.  Petey admits to being worn down in the stretch.   The team carried a load through injuries and Jordan was much fresher and wasn't getting mugged out there.  

I take nothing away from him...got hot at the right time and has performed very well and is solid.  But if you're going on Petey's second half let's look at Jordan's first half...oh right, he didn't play it.  And I really hate smugness.

That 25 year old rookie though....

• Cheers 1