The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks | Nov. 07, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks playing more sloppy with each of the last 3 games, everyone could see it coming but Green. Guys begin to think they are good and don't need the effort as much, not a recipe for continued success. This is mostly on Green for not recognizing the players effort and getting ahead of the losses. 

• Wat 3
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Eventually he'll be considered a player on our team if he keeps it up! 

As long as he is progressing every year I am not worried.  No one thought the Sedins would be all stars after their first few seasons in the league.  Just get better every day.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Canckelhead said:

Canucks playing more sloppy with each of the last 3 games, everyone could see it coming but Green. Guys begin to think they are good and don't need the effort as much, not a recipe for continued success. This is mostly on Green for not recognizing the players effort and getting ahead of the losses. 

Could be true, but doubt it... however other teams are not going to take them lightly any longer...

Its all part of growing... as annoying as it may be... 

This being the main reason I don't expect to properly contend for another couple of years, but hopefully its sooner...

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Could be true, but doubt it... however other teams are not going to take them lightly any longer...

This being the main reason I don't expect to properly contend for another couple of years, but hopefully its sooner...

I think their Coach Crawford had us scouted really well. And his son does the video recon for the Hawks. They have a pretty good idea about our team. Crow is a sneaky ol' bast*"d.

• Cheers 1

I think we need to mix up the 649 line. Teams have them scouted and work at frustrating the heck out them with tight checking. We need to free up Petie for more looks and scoring chances. 

The PP nobody wants to shoot, every one is being too polite and they keep passing to the next guy. Take the open shot, always be ready to shoot. EP, Boeser and Huggy have to just put the mustard on it. And let it go.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Of course, the Canucks are viewed as a threat now.  They're going to have to learn to play their best every game.  They seemed discombobulated to me, passes not connecting, poor flow.....who knows why?  They went from possibly their best game of the year to their worst in 2 days.

I expect better tonight in Winnipeg.  Interested to see Chatfield.  Does he get the nod or do we see Fantenberg on his off side?

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Skip Spence said:

Bad game. But Petey scoring off J.T. Millers leg/hip was an incredibly creative play. Don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like it. 

If you watch the replay J.T. angles his skate and shows Petey what he wanted before the pass too. High level players who think the game similarly. 

• Upvote 3

People still want to do this game by game evaluation of "good/bad".

We'll have good games and bad games but there's no reason to have mood swings that coincide with that or make determinations prematurely.

All teams let down at times.  All teams with some confidence will need to be reminded not to mail it in.  Although, I don't think that was the case.  Bad officiating, bounces and...yes, play at times and that one wasn't great.  Next...

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

If you watch the replay J.T. angles his skate and shows Petey what he wanted before the pass too. High level players who think the game similarly. 

Totally true.  Just love that guy...he's a perfect compliment to Petey.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Canckelhead said:

I like Green but true. They have looked super sloppy the last few games and just going through the motions. 

They arent talented enough to do that yet

8 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

To sum up all my feelings in one play.

pettersson dumps the puck in, gets clearly interfered with, right in front of the ref. No call.

same play 10 seconds later, Pettersson gets highsticked right in front of the ref, doesn’t embellish, no call.

Pettersson frustrated by the terrible call, gets called for a slash. 

good job refs you really gave those 2 points to the Hawks tonight.

on a more optimistic note, it’s nice to know that even on our worst night, the Hawks need the refs to help out to take the game from us. How refreshing. 

I feel like the refs need to be reminded sometimes that super stars like EP40 pay their bills and put their kids through college. The amount of stick work and non-calls against the games best young players is just nonsense. To allow EP to be fouled like that in a key scoring position and then to call him for a slash- not to mention the phantom high stick against Miller.... Stunning really and reeks of power tripping.

Watching that game was like waking up from a glorious sleep where I dreamt the Canucks were an unstoppable force of a team to be reckoned with. And then reality set in. That was pretty awful. Canucks made the Hawks look like contenders. IMO, these games are must win games.  Games they should win. They can`t afford to lose 2 points to bad teams. Well, good start to the season, like last season. Tanev`s injured, that`s new. They`ve lost 3 of their last 4. Time for me to temper my expectations of this team. 

Edited by NUCKER67