The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks | Nov. 07, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Green has decided he wants to "...go another way"... so Baertschi, who has proven chemistry with Horvat and a goalscoring touch sits on the bench.

Meanwhile Eriksson does nothing and deserves nothing, and Gaudette while promising, is not ready for the top six.

Eriksson should be on the bench, Gaudette should be on the 4th line and Baertschi should be re-united with Horvat so he can have a chance to prove he is still capable of some magic with Bo.

But no, Green is too stubborn to admit he might be wrong and unwilling to try a line combination which was the best the Canucks had for two years.

Add to that the dump and chase is not working most of the time and you have the Canucks relying on PP chances to score.

On another subject:

That was the worst reffed game I have seen in a long time... complete bullsh*t calls all night... not just on the Canucks... some of the Chicago penalties were stupid calls too.  And there were lots of non-calls.  Definitely could have changed the whole course of the game if the Canucks had got the man advantage in the first five minutes when Keith slashed JT Miller on his semi-breakaway.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*
  • Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Green has decided he wants to "...go another way"... so Baertschi, who has proven chemistry with Horvat and a goalscoring touch sits on the bench.

Meanwhile Eriksson does nothing and deserves nothing, and Gaudette while promising, is not ready for the top six.

Eriksson should be on the bench, Gaudette should be on the 4th line and Baertschi should be re-united with Horvat so he can have a chance to prove he is still capable of some magic with Bo.

But no, Green is too stubborn to admit he might be wrong and unwilling to try a line combination which was the best the Canucks had for two years.

Add to that the dump and chase is not working most of the time and you have the Canucks relying on PP chances to score.

On another subject:

That was the worst reffed game I have seen in a long time... complete bullsh*t calls all night... not just on the Canucks... some of the Chicago penalties were stupid calls too.  And there were lots of non-calls.  Definitely could have changed the whole course of the game if the Canucks had got the man advantage in the first five minutes when Keith slashed JT Miller on his semi-breakaway.

I don't think it's as simple as a Baertschi for Eriksson swap.  Green likes that Beagle 4th line to be a total shutdown line.  Currently, Beagle and Schaller are playing really well and Eriksson is just holding things down until Motte (or Roussell) returns.  I don't think Green sees Baertschi or Gaudette as a fit on that line as they aren't as good defensively.

I do agree, though, that it may be time to try Baertschi with Horvat, but my guess is it'll come at the expense of Leivo or Gaudette.

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I don't think it's as simple as a Baertschi for Eriksson swap.  Green likes that Beagle 4th line to be a total shutdown line.  Currently, Beagle and Schaller are playing really well and Eriksson is just holding things down until Motte (or Roussell) returns.  I don't think Green sees Baertschi or Gaudette as a fit on that line as they aren't as good defensively.

I do agree, though, that it may be time to try Baertschi with Horvat, but my guess is it'll come at the expense of Leivo or Gaudette.

Eriksson is doing nothing for the 4th line... most of the work is done by Schaller and Beagle.  Eriksson has missed several golden scoring chances.

If you don't want Gaudette on the 4th line, then put him on the 3rd and move Leivo to the 4th... he is good defensively and would add some offense there.

But Baertschi should be given the opportunity to prove he is back to being the player he was... it is both unfair and shortsighted to block his chance to prove himself back.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Baer in, Eriksson out. Move Leivo to the 4th line, Pearson to the 3rd. Easy peezy. Other than San Jose, who have AHLers in net, we can't score on anybody in the last 4 games (the "we ran into a hot goalie" excuse can only go so far, everybody can't have a hot goalie). Baer provides offense and is decent defensively on top of having proven chemistry with Bo. It's long past due of at least trying it. 

• Cheers 1

I might be a bit biased but why is Leivo playing the point on the second PP with Edler. One turnover then it's like automatic chance for the PK unit. I rather have Stetcher or Virt back there because at least they can shoot and are fast enough to cover each other.

And for 5 on 5, why not bring Baer in and have him skate with Bo and Virt, didn't they have chemistry last year?

Edited by Law of Goalies
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

I'm ok with giving Baumer the year at the very least, I don't think he's been bad. 

But enough is enough with Newell his PP was bad 3 years ago and with improved personnel it hasn't improved at all.

Our PP is currently 8th in the NHL.

I believe Baumer is in charge of the PK that is 6th in the league right now.

Edited by theo5789

To sum up all my feelings in one play.

pettersson dumps the puck in, gets clearly interfered with, right in front of the ref. No call.

same play 10 seconds later, Pettersson gets highsticked right in front of the ref, doesn’t embellish, no call.

Pettersson frustrated by the terrible call, gets called for a slash. 

good job refs you really gave those 2 points to the Hawks tonight.

on a more optimistic note, it’s nice to know that even on our worst night, the Hawks need the refs to help out to take the game from us. How refreshing. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

On another subject:

The interference and high sticking calls on Miller we're garbage. The high sticking call should have actually been a call on the Chicago player for embellishment.

• Upvote 1