The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Nov. 08, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

Come on gang! it's just one loss! It was a bad one...but look at all the talent!

You know seriously I am hard on this team because I have been watching them for over 30 years and I am getting really really sick of watching other teams get it together and win it all. I don't want to hear 'Gloria' played over and over, or see the Penguins lift yet another Cup, it's just aggravating.

So yeah, you don't like it when I vent? So sorry, I am not leaving.

"But Mustapha, you never celebrate a win." 

Sure, guilty as charged. i see the regular season in some ways as the extension of the pre-season, real hockey starts in April. I just want to see some goddamn playoff hockey from this team. Regular season wins are important to get there, but I don't feel the need to chat about a win, i just take it in and enjoy it.

I believe Petey will be a star in this league for many years. I think Hughes could be the franchise D man this team had never had. I am proud to say I was wrong about Markstrom and Demko actually looks like a future #1. I love Petey because he's awesome with the puck, he even had the Winnipeg fans in awe tonight. He even has a mean streak, which is something I wished Henrik and Daniel had when they played.

But there are many things I don't like about this team, and I will continue to voice them. I don't think Travis Green is the guy to get them deep in the playoffs. Paul Maurice had those refs eating our of his palm. So go ahead, call me a troll. It's just not true. 

I feel ya there, mostly busting your chops on your timing. 

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

I love your condescending one liners.  It’s your schtick with the face palm avatar.. Yeah you weren’t implying anything..sure.. 

I was implying that The team hasn’t been able to find a consistent winger for our captain in 5 years. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Krzysl said:

Canucks are a good team but let’s not kid ourselves we are a fringe playoff team. We still have this year to rebuild. We have pieces in place to be a very good team but a couple things NEED to be done! Trade tanev(contract expiring can’t resign) trade markstrum (contract expires can’t resign) trade Stecher (contract expires can’t resign)

we must do this even though it will make us not a playoff team this year. We can free up cap space and gets some young talent and picks. Get a nice lottery pick or high pick and aim high next season

when exactly does the rebuild stop then? Do we trade Pettersson next season because.. wait for it.. "contract expires can't *re-sign?" 

• Haha 1

Just now, Stelar said:

I was implying that The team hasn’t been able to find a consistent winger for our captain in 5 years. 

Really sucks after last season Pearson looked like that guy, I miss last season Pearson. This season Pearson is bleh

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Or maybe perhaps reality is setting in and Canucks are truly a bubble team that many analysts were predicting?

Still alot of games to be played and we'll see where Canucks place.

But Horvat needs a regular line mate to gel with.  This revolving door of line mates is getting annoying. 

I know it is unpopular to say, but once again, the Canucks unimaginative offense was very easy for Winnipeg to counter.

Opponents know the puck will be dumped in and there will be a forecheck... so they set themselves up to retrieve the puck and get it out.

Good teams enter the zone in possession and they get a shot every time they enter.  Too often the Canucks 'Dump and Chase' style is one and done and nobody gets a shot.

Watch the way the Jets enter the zone... almost no dump and chase, they carry it in almost every time.  And they get their chances.

But this is not the same Winnipeg team which has beat the Canucks so frequently in the past... they have real weaknesses on the D.

Yeah, they have a potent offense, but if you use speed and passing, change of position, you have a lot of opportunity to take advantage of the Jet's weak Defense.  Unfortunately there was very few challenges for them tonight.

Canuck Powerplay was also lacking again tonight... it is not working as it should considering the personnel who are available with multiple player's able to shoot the puck with real authority.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Fire Newell Brown? The guy that just got extended? Come on lads. That ship sailed.

Isn’t a coach contract are a bit different than the players? They can be pretty fired anytime if they haven’t improve their performance..

• Cheers 1

Shall we talk about the great job bennings done. Look at the list of very fine players he signed.

Ericksen  6.0 m

Sutter      4.4 m

beagle     3.0 m

pearson    3.7 m

Myers       6.0 m

Ferland     3.5 m

Roussel    3.0 m

Schaller      1.9 m

Tell me which of these is worth the money?  How is that #1 draft choice looking now. You guys were all for getting rid of jake. At 1.2m  and 5 goals he is the bargain on this team. Funny how if you play him on a decent line he scores. Should be on first line to make use of his speed. You called me a troll when i said green sucked as a coach. How about now? With a good draft coming next year and were stuck with all these duds who nobody is going to want to trade for. Looking good boys.

• Wat 7
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

The problem is Horvat has no one to play with. Green should put Boeser back with Horvat and make the Triple B line again. 

Horvat likes to play with Baertschi. Except they demoted him for no good reason even though he has been a consistent >0.5ppg player. 

6 minutes ago, nuk76 said:

Shall we talk about the great job bennings done. Look at the list of very fine players he signed.

Ericksen  6.0 m

Sutter      4.4 m

beagle     3.0 m

pearson    3.7 m

Myers       6.0 m

Ferland     3.5 m

Roussel    3.0 m

Schaller      1.9 m

Tell me which of these is worth the money?  How is that #1 draft choice looking now. You guys were all for getting rid of jake. At 1.2m  and 5 goals he is the bargain on this team. Funny how if you play him on a decent line he scores. Should be on first line to make use of his speed. You called me a troll when i said green sucked as a coach. How about now? With a good draft coming next year and were stuck with all these duds who nobody is going to want to trade for. Looking good boys.

don't let the door hit ya on the way out!!!!