[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Nov. 08, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Pearson- Crap

Leivo - Crap

Green - Crap

Brown - Crap

This team is quickly falling to earth and Green’s idea of digging our way out is to play lifetime plugs 

get Gaudette in, get Goldy in ...... we need offence !!!! 

please no

• Thanks 1

More than anything, I feel we're still far behind in speed department. Hawks and Jets just flew by our guys easily while we're almost always the second to a loose puck. And it's not like all the big bodies Benning signed have transformed our team into a physically overpowering team either.  

Skill team? We do have some skills alright, some really high-end skill players too. But skills alone really can't save your bacon if you don't play with the puck much and spend most of TOI chasing the other team around.

As frustrating as these losses are, I think what we're seeing is more or less the team we expected to see before season began. We're supposed to be a team fighting for a playoff (wild card) spot, not for a division title. 

If we get to win 5 of next 10 games in November I'd call it a success.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Pearson- ok

Leivo - solid

Green - ok

Brown - not great

Canuck2288 - Crap

This team is quickly falling to earth and Green’s idea of digging our way out is to play lifetime plugs 

get Gaudette in, get Goldy in ...... we need offence !!!! 

FTFY

As for the bolded....he is CRAP at the NHL level.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Did the Canucks even play tonight..

I only follow the club for September and October each season. So much fun those 2 months...  then i bail on them and join my coed bowling league , play on 4 teams and bowl 7 nights a week at Dell Lanes in Surrey....   My ex girl friend has a bowling ball tattie on her chest.....

Secret in life is to plan ahead......... 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Crimson-JH said:

Myers.... did you forget you’re not a Jet anymore?! :picard:

He’s honestly a horrible hockey player go back to what I said in the preseason im a sabres fan too and I told people since I live in Kelowna I also watched him live and in tv over 250-300 times and people were all “he won the Calder with the sabres” I just slapped my head like yeah idiots, because I forgot that.

he lost all his confidence after year one in buffalo and has played like a slug ever since. He’s a liability and I wouldn’t have him on my team for over two million let alone six.

he doesent use his size, he’s lazy, he’s awkward, he gives the puck away and has no offensive consistency. (He scored good totals in high scoring teams) he’s beinng over exposed now that we have less depth on d so he will make more mistakes.

hes not even a top four dman on a good team let alone a top pairing dman.

hes making six million! Mcavoy and werenski both just signed for less.

eriksson and myers make double what Mackinnon makes. Thanks benning

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever
  • Wat 3

3 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Get Boeser on Bo's wing already. We NEED two lines capable of scoring.

Tanev and Hughes just doesn't work. Offense dies on Tanevs stick. It's okay he's still a good dman just beyond useless offensively. 

Power play.. let Petey run it and leave Brown in Winterpeg. Drive him an hour out of town and take his shoes. 

Erikssons needs to be gone for good. He's not depth, he is a &^@#in black hole. Get Macewen or Graovac or someone like that for fourth line duty. That's what they're there for. 

Penalty kill is way too passive. All it does is MURDER OUR DEFENSE from blocking 100 shots a game and then give up goals anyway. 

Have a good weekend everyone. 

Haha lots of frustration but also some truth.  Green is an inexperienced coach who over plays middling players hoping they will  make him look like a smart guy. 

I wish we had a more experienced guy behind the bench. At least weve re-signed all the assistants a year early.  Phew. We were gonna lose Baumer and Brown for sure...lol.

• Cheers 1

this team has so much potential. Benning has built a talent pipeline. 

only problem is our team is being coached by people in way over their heads 

Paul Maurice is a real coach and he schooled Green tonight. Maurice also knows how to work the refs. They are horrified of him, always have been. Think it’s a fluke Winnipeg has the lowest number of penalties in the league 

if we flame out we better be cleaning out the coaching staff 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

this team has so much potential. Benning has built a talent pipeline. 

only problem is our team is being coached by people in way over their heads 

Paul Maurice is a real coach and he schooled Green tonight. Maurice also know how to work the refs. They are horrified of him, always have been. Think it’s a fluke Winnipeg has the lowest number of penalties in the league 

if we flame out we better be cleaning out the coaching staff 

To me Travis green has cliches and that stupid look on his face whenever we get a penalty. The sarcastic smile he thinks every call against us is BS and the problem with this is because when we actually need ti argue about a call the officials won’t listen to greens arguments because they’ll think “that’s just green again” like the boy who cried wolf

• Upvote 1