The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Nov. 08, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Bertuzzi44ever said:

To me Travis green has cliches and that stupid look on his face whenever we get a penalty. The sarcastic smile he thinks every call against us is BS and the problem with this is because when we actually need ti argue about a call the officials won’t listen to greens arguments because they’ll think “that’s just green again” like the boy who cried wolf

Agreed. Ever see how many times real coaches like Maurice and Quenneville talk to The refs? 

• Upvote 2

Boeser had a nice play on the goal, but I have not been impressed with him for the majority of the season (since his rookie season, actually). He always panics with the puck when he gets rushed and lacks the poise/smarts to make the right decisions in high-pressure situations. He's so careless with the puck and his skating is a big concern as it's probably below average by NHL standards. He legitimately kills so many plays when that line has possession with an errand pass or a low percentage shot. It sucks because he was on another level in his rookie season. What happened to that killer shot he had? Now it's either high, wide, off a stick, deflected. I guess his injuries drastically hampered his game?

I don't even know who would replace him though, because Miller is the only other capable top 6 forward on this team. Maybe this team isn't as deep as we initially thought. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Have you seen his Utica stats? You think Pearson or Leivo are bring more to the team? 

Yep. 

Goldy has had so many chances in the NHL, he's just not built for it. If we call him up, CDC will have a new whipping boy 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Not bad. Thought he had some looks. I think your first game, you might be winded a little bit. I thought he was alright." - Green on Baertschi

Green.. he was one of the best players tonight. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Three losses in a row, two to teams in the bottom half of the standings , this is a message forum we are positive with what we should but you can’t expect people to always be happy

To be fair the Canucks were a way worst team last year and they still beat good teams last year.  It's the NHL bud.  Every team has a chance.  Relax a bit.  It's still early into the season

1 minute ago, Seinfeld said:

Boeser had a nice play on the goal, but I have not been impressed with him for the majority of the season (since his rookie season, actually). He always panics with the puck when he gets rushed and lacks the poise/smarts to make the right decisions in high-pressure situations. He's so careless with the puck and his skating is a big concern as it's probably below average by NHL standards. He legitimately kills so many plays when that line has possession with an errand pass or a low percentage shot. It sucks because he was on another level in his rookie season. What happened to that killer shot he had? Now it's either high, wide, off a stick, deflected. I guess his injuries drastically hampered his game?

I don't even know who would replace him though, because Miller is the only other capable top 6 forward on this team. Maybe this team isn't as deep as we initially thought. 

He's top 20 scoring in the league. Cmon partner.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, KeslerWho? said:

Yep. 

Goldy has had so many chances in the NHL, he's just not built for it. If we call him up, CDC will have a new whipping boy 

We are wasting too 9 minutes on Both it then 

at best they are both 4th liners. If not Goldy we need Gaudette at a minimum 

Just now, SILLY GOOSE said:

To be fair the Canucks were a way worst team last year and they still beat good teams last year.  It's the NHL bud.  Every team has a chance.  Relax a bit.  It's still early into the season

Oh that’s absolutely true, I just don’t think we’re as good as people are making us out to be, I love Hughes but I really hate our defense. People in this market actually believe myers is a top tier defensemen I’ve watched the guy life and in person over 300 times. And if you’ve watched the last few games closely I should have to say anything else

• Upvote 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Why is everyone so negative. 

I don't get it. 

We have a very good team.

Can't win them all boys and girls.. 

Quit being so negative. 

Lets reassess once we get through November