The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Nov. 08, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Darius said:

If they won their last two games they would have been 11-3-3 ... probably amongst the top dogs in the league.

As much as I like adding the four guys we did I don’t think they are a top tier team yet and we are seeing a correction.

teams are so close skill wise all it takes is a pp goal one way or the other and it’s game over.

No need to panic when not even 20 games have been played and they have banked a bunch of points early.  

that said they need to fix the PP and they need a legit second line that can bail out the first line on some nights

Yeah and if we lose the other overtime game to the blues and another close one and an we would of been 9–7-3....it goes both ways lol 

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Why is everyone so negative. 

I don't get it. 

We have a very good team.

Can't win them all boys and girls.. 

Quit being so negative. 

I think it’s just a passionate but frustrated fan base.. I’m one that is bad for calling out negatives but also live and die with this team no matter what. 

I do believe the future is bright for this group we have now tho. 

Edited by Ronaldoescobar
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Yeah and if we lose the other overtime game to the blues and another close one and an we would of been 9–7-3....it goes both ways lol 

But that was my point.  I don’t believe this is a 11-3-3 team.  Their record was due for a correction. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

There is this neat word called

sarcasm. You might want to Google it...

Well sorry I see too many people who just are sheep and actually believe Bettman is the anti christ people always want to create a villain like trump so they can channel all the frustrations out on the person (whoever our PM aid every single time) 

if you look at facts Bettmans actually has done so many things well he’s arguably the greatest commissioner of all time  there’s a really good video on why you should love Bettman that’s the thread title on YouTube if you don’t believe me

lol

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever
  • Upvote 1

With how Virtanen has been playing. Move him up to the first and drop Boes to Horvat’s line. 

Miller and Virt open up ice. Petey can stop looking to pass and be the guy to shoot 

Horvat’s line uses Boes the same way. Bear and Horvat rush in. Boes snipes the rebound. 

25 minutes ago, Darius said:

Why don’t you tell us the answer. 

I’m not paid to have those answers. Just seems odd that after 5 years in the league he doesn’t have even one steady winger. 

Edited by Stelar

31 minutes ago, Grape said:

I was hoping we wouldn't lose 3 games in a row all season, oh well. Didn't think it would happen this early though.

Still a good team we've got here. We've been better than our record indicates. 

Way better than the record shows. We are victimized by the injuries and the crappy schedule. Winnipeg was sitting at home waiting for us to fly in late last night after a tough game in Chicago. That is brutal. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Frustrating, sloppy, bad pentalties.

Top line still looks slick. 

Its a young team, they are bound to go on losing streaks. This team is going to be battling for a playoff spot not top in the division at end of season. What matters now is how they learn from these stretches, and more urgently how they bounce back next game.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, KeslerWho? said:

Yep. 

Goldy has had so many chances in the NHL, he's just not built for it. If we call him up, CDC will have a new whipping boy 

Goldy and Boucher are built to light the lamps in the AHL... and warm the press box chair in the NHL.

All the skills, shots and swaggers they boast in the AHL simply disappear the moment they get called up. Sometimes I wish there's another in-between league for those players.

1 minute ago, Whale Tail said:

With how Virtanen has been playing. Move him up to the first and drop Boes to Horvat’s line. 

Miller and Virt open up ice. Petey can stop looking to pass and be the guy to shoot 

Horvat’s line uses Boes the same way. Bear and Horvat rush in. Boes snipes the rebound. 

I think EP Boeser Miller line is amongst the best in entire NHL

I say try Baer for few games if doesn't work out time to make a trade upgrade 2nd line winger...

• Upvote 2

This was part of schedule that we really could have made up ground yet we crapped the bed for 3 straight games 

the back to back penalties shifted the momentum but instead of fighting back we wilted 

Good thing Green saved his timeout once again, how many games have we played without using it? How many power plays that we started our second useless line when we could have taken a timeout and talk it over and start our first unit?  we did it last 2 games we were down by 1 goal 

Green goes numb during the game. Just stands there with zero in game management 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Stelar said:

I’m not paid to have those answers. Just seems odd that after 5 years in the league he doesn’t have even one steady winger. 

It’s mostly lack of depth.  How many legit top 6 wingers has this team had in 4 years? 

the kid has produced at a second line rate Even though he has been saddled with a bazillion draws And a  revolving door of Ahlers and third / 4th liners on his wing. 

Edit.. but nice of you to come out and imply that he can’t work with anyone after losing a few. 

Edited by Darius
  • Cheers 1

Thus “we can’t win em all” is so ridiculous 

there are games you need to win and the fan base knows that. That is where the frustration comes from. You need to want to win then all and you need to be pissed when we don’t 

“show me a good loser and I will show you a good loser” said a wise coach (definitely not Green) 

7 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

Way better than the record shows. We are victimized by the injuries and the crappy schedule. Winnipeg was sitting at home waiting for us to fly in late last night after a tough game in Chicago. That is brutal. 

I believe they got to the hotel around 3 (according to the report I heard).

I mean, it matters.  No excuses...but they are going to lose at times.  Even back to backs...all teams do.

If they put 10 losses up, sure.  But we always jump at the first sign of trouble.  Glad they don't.

I "heard" (was driving, so am going on that) a great first period...sounded like they came out hard.  Got pretty chaotic when Tanev got hurt and hey, happens.  Then Myers.   Was disjointed and fell apart.

I DO see an effort from this team.  Hell, Jake was fantastic from what I saw.  Bo gave it a good go there and almost tied it up.

I'm a homer and will always look for the silver lining.  But, realistically, I think it's a bit premature to start throwing in the towel and deciding "bust".  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1