The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 10, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, billabong said:

Here’s hoping ferland isn’t too far off from coming back even if he wasn’t at his best 

were a one line team again 

They need a scorer but we don’t have the cap space or assets to go and get one 

Rousell is coming :wub:

Canucks lack that, “This is our House!” mentality at home.

They need to find ways to get momentum back in their own barn. 

They need to get meaner and intimidate or will their way back into games with physicality. 

I hope Benning knows what he’s doing, but I bet he’s not changing anything this year, except for minor moves like finding Loui a work ethic recovery program/trade partner, maybe Baer as well. Both of those moves are peanuts anyways. 

• Cheers 3

The Devils give up 4 goals against on average this season. This team is literally the only team in the NHL that can't score on them. Or anyone. 5 of the last 6 games, 1 goal.

Special teams has been atrocious. The PK gives up yet another goal after standing around twiddling their thumbs hoping that by giving all their best players all day long to hold on and move the puck around that they won't find an opportunity to shoot. Who would've thought though, a NHL PP makes the pylons that our PK is, look like garbage and they score on it. It's almost like standing around being as passive as possibly can be, literally GIVING UP the half wall leads to chances. Go look back and look at our PK. We straight up give up the half wall and allow opposing shooters to shoot with all kinds of time and space. The exact same areas Petey and Boeser operate in. We ALLOW EVERY PP to have those players just shoot or make player after play. 

Meanwhile, opposing PKs actually have a brain, have logical coaching and don't just give up one timers from the half wall to our PP. It's almost like they cover those options. Our PK though? Nah take all the one timers you want. Create all the chances you want. We don't care. That's literally the strategy. Hope we get lucky and block the shot or make a tough save. 

There's no adjectives to describe how stupid whoever is coaching the special teams are. They're both just useless. 

And here we are quickly on our way out of a playoff spot. Fun sidenote is 11 straight losses to a team that the last 2/3 seasons has been a lottery team. There is an adjective for that: pathetic.

Edited by Wilfred
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Green is a pathetic coach, why am I the only one that sees that? 

You aren't. I've been beating that drum since mid way through the season last year.  More and more people are beginning to see the light. The Canucks were winning earlier this year despite Green and his Junior B system, not because of it. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Wilfred said:

The Devils give up 4 goals against on average this season. This team is literally the only team in the NHL that can't score on them. Or anyone. 5 of the last 6 games, 1 goal.

Special teams has been atrocious. The PK gives up yet another goal after standing around twiddling their thumbs hoping that by giving all their best players all day long to hold on and move the puck around that they won't find an opportunity to shoot. Who would've thought though, a NHL PP makes the pylons that our PK is, look like garbage and they score on it. It's almost like standing around being as passive as possibly can be, literally GIVING UP the half wall leads to chances. Go look back and look at our PK. We straight up give up the half wall and allow opposing shooters to shoot with all kinds of time and space. The exact same areas Petey and Boeser operate in. We ALLOW EVERY PP to have those players just shoot or make player after play. 

Meanwhile, opposing PKs actually have a brain, have logical coaching and don't just give up one timers from the half wall to our PP. It's almost like they cover those options. Our PK though? Nah take all the one timers you want. Create all the chances you want. We don't care. That's literally the strategy. Hope we get lucky and block the shot or make a tough save. 

There's no adjectives to describe how stupid whoever is coaching the special teams are. They're both just useless. 

And here we are quickly on our way out of a playoff spot. 

A lot has to do with that &^@#er Blackwood only choose to show up against the Canucks

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Terrible officiating, but it went both ways.  Gaudette looked pretty good.

I don't know. I'm on the fence when it comes to Gaudette. He is talented but not quite sharp enough for the NHL yet. I think it would be best to develop him in the AHL for a year. I prefer an overcooked prospect than an undercooked one.

The game was good. The ref missed an obvious one on EP but they made right by calling Hall on the embellishment. This is a game where PP could have made a difference. Newel Brown got carried away too much with the new alignment. They had one player to shadow EP and that alignment was completely nullified. I think they should have reverted back to original alignment and set Boeser up for one timer during that last PP. The coaching staff isn't able to make quick adjustments on-the-fly. The same problem that AV was criticised for. 

• Cheers 1