The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has Don's Cherry Just Popped?

Rate this topic

beartooth

3 minutes ago, Tystick said:

This is ridiculous that these idiots in Toronto can put enough pressure on Sportsnet that they would do this.

Good job! You people ruin everything.

So you’re good with Cherry spewing racist/xenophobic comments on national television?

1 hour ago, Toyotasfan said:

Is he really 85 years old ? Retire him already, he has said stuff like this his whole career and yet Ron has never stood up to him and told him he’s wrong. 

image.png.81c6e781621ddc0ff1a12353af4e5808.png

They're basically like these two. A old crank well past his expiration date and an uncompromising ass kisser.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

So you’re good with Cherry spewing racist/xenophobic comments on national television?

That's the thing, they weren't that at all.

He spoke loosely, like he always does about every topic.

Then the kids out there decide it must mean the most extreme scenario.

Do you really truly believe he's a racist? Come on.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tystick said:

That's the thing, they weren't that at all.

He spoke loosely, like he always does about every topic.

Then the kids out there decide it must mean the most extreme scenario.

Do you really truly believe he's a racist? Come on.

He’s made multiple racist comments in the past. It’s a proven fact he’s a xenophobe, a quick Google search will give you multiple examples. If you chose not to see what’s right in front of you then I’m not gonna waste my time. 

What I heard was him expressing concern people weren't buying poppies anymore. Then he  went off on if you are enjoying the benefits of this country you should buy a poppy.

Sometimes I think people believe what they're told to believe rather than listening for themselves. I didn't hear anything racist or xenophobic.

Didn't look at the first 4 pages. Did anybody post the video yet? Here it is if they didn't.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Here it is.

I don't get the outrage. Don never mentions race at all so all this is about the phrase "you people".

If this is the new standard for dismissal, all I can say is thank, christ, alllah,  and all the other imaginary sky fairies, I'm really close to retiring.

That said Don should have retired quite a while back.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, gurn said:

I don't get the outrage. Don never mentions race at all so all this is about the phrase "you people".

If this is the new standard for dismissal, all I can say is thank, christ, alllah,  and all the other imaginary sky fairies, I'm really close to retiring.

He also should have been fired years ago. I guess this was Sportsnet saying enough is enough. 

5 minutes ago, Pears said:

He also should have been fired years ago. I guess this was Sportsnet saying enough is enough. 

I get the "straw that broke the camel's back" argument, but don't see why all the outrage over what he said this time.

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

It's because the leftists today need to find inequality in everything, in their minds anything that can be taken the wrong way must be the most extreme, worst case scenario.

• Cheers 2

• -SN- locked this topic