The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall MacEwan and Graovac

Rate this topic

SilentSam

24 minutes ago, Provost said:

Eriksson needs to not only be pushed out of the lineup, he should be demoted at this point.  He has gotten more shots than anyone can reasonably expect... we should be calling up our depth guys to cover injuries and not him.  Look at our record with him on the ice... suddenly we don’t get to push the pace with all our lines.

Maybe he even retires, knowing he used up his last chance.

I think thats a bit much. He hasn't had much of an positive or negative impact. Theres no real correlation between his minutes, shots, +/- and wins or losses. (https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/e/erikslo01/gamelog/2020/).

Green was never relying on Loui to push the pace. 

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

It really hasn’t taken long for Tanev or Sutter to miss games..  and even for short term, it’s  all acumaletive ..  hope we can move both by Christmas.

Baer seems to be playing tentatively,.  Zack and Graovac, if this is a call up, will be solid alternatives for Green.

I think Sutter's going to be moved if there's suitors for him. 

Gaudette seemed to have a good game yesterday against the Preds - 2 game game. I think he just needs experience, and he's just about there. If he hasn't pushed Sutter out yet, he's getting there. I think Sutter's moved by the deadline. 

Tanev I hope we can resign, if not, then we need to get some sort of asset back for him. 

Bartschi - I thought he would click playing with Bo. But he hasn't looked that great since being called up. I'm not sure what it is with the guy. Maybe he's afraid of being hit, and that hit being his last in the NHL. 

• Cheers 1

Injuries suck, but it sure is exciting to see our prospects get some big chances like this. They should add some always welcome energy and excitement to the lineup. 

Also, give Gaudette more ice time. So great to see him progress so well so soon. Absolute beast work ethic. Kid's ceiling keeps getting higher. 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think thats a bit much. He hasn't had much of an positive or negative impact. Theres no real correlation between his minutes, shots, +/- and wins or losses. (https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/e/erikslo01/gamelog/2020/).

He hasn't had much of an positive or negative impact. Theres no real correlation between his minutes, shots, +/- and wins or losses.”

inert :  

• lacking vigor.

• chemically inactive.
Edited by SilentSam
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

He hasn't had much of an positive or negative impact. Theres no real correlation between his minutes, shots, +/- and wins or losses.”

inert :  

• lacking vigor.

• chemically inactive.

yeah he's pretty much on Team Argon. Doesn't really react with anything anymore. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Neither of them will take us any deeper than 2 rounds in the playoffs..  

Both acumulate too many man days lost during a season, which upsets any balance we try to achieve.

Tanev , we will lose to free agency next season,. I highly doubt he is Re-signed with the probable arrival of Tryamkin in March and Joulevi next season,. Of course with Fantenberg, Stetcher , Sautner close by.

Tanev should bring a second round pick back to us to re bolster the farm.. or lose him for nothing.. It’s a progression that has to happen to let the “system” take place.

Re-signing Tanev stifles that.

There are teams with a harder play into the playoffs that could use Tanev in a Cup run.. I just do t see this team at that point yet.

in the past 3 full seasons CT has played 150 out of a possible 246 games..  I think that averages out to him being available 55% - 60% of a season.

Sutter hasn’t had much luck this way either..

both of these boys are tall, but are only packing 175lbs under those jerseys..

If you think saving Sutter or Tanev for a playoff run is going to help you,.  Remember they are 7 game series against the same opponent every 2nd night..  your tendencies, and your weaknesses are targeted.

Sutter, might bring you another 2nd round pick.

Just my opinion,.  But I think we have to move our depreciating assets when the time is right,.  again waiting for them to be healthy to do so, doesn’t help.

Bolded part is not correct. Both listed around 200lbs.

if we're in the hunt, we aint trading anyone. entitled to your opinion on if it should happen... but it won't.

• Cheers 1

Tanev will retire a canuck, so all the hate minus well stop, hes been very good this year, our best shot blocker, puts his body in danger for the team every game he plays, what more can u expect from a player , hes probably blocked several GREAT goal opportunity's .....hes human, he will have bad games like anyone else, even EP40 has had some bad games...so deal with it.

Good callups, hopefully both get in and help the team win more games

56 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm guessing Graovac is here in case of emergency. I expect to se Big Mac suit up tho. 

Only way I see this is if we go Horvat, EP, Miller and Gaudette down the middle (assuming Beagle is still out). That's two centermen that aren't strong at faceoffs right now and a winger forced to play center. Horvat will be taking the brunt of the faceoffs and there's no more insurance at center. I think Graovac is more likely to draw in simply because he's a center. Not that he would take too much pressure off of Horvat, but if he can get in a groove winning draws, then that eases up some of that duty. It pushes Miller back to a wing role (that he said he prefers) that can take draws.

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Nice callups.  This should be the end of LE in the lineup.

The callups are because of injuries. I think you'll be disappointed if you think this is the end of LE. We've similarly called up guys like Chatfield for injury insurance who never saw a game and sent back down. I think one of these guys draws into the lineup and the other sits and LE remains in the lineup whether you like it or not.

14 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Only way I see this is if we go Horvat, EP, Miller and Gaudette down the middle (assuming Beagle is still out). That's two centermen that aren't strong at faceoffs right now and a winger forced to play center. Horvat will be taking the brunt of the faceoffs and there's no more insurance at center. I think Graovac is more likely to draw in simply because he's a center. Not that he would take too much pressure off of Horvat, but if he can get in a groove winning draws, then that eases up some of that duty. It pushes Miller back to a wing role (that he said he prefers) that can take draws.

thats what I see most likely if Beagle is out. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

.600 hockey without him .444 hickey with him.  A crap ton of goals without him in the lineup, goal depicts with him.

The description of the way our team was playing was “relentless” with all four lines coming at you.  When you reduce that to three lines coming at you and being able to rest when the 4th one plays has an impact.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats what I see most likely if Beagle is out. 

It's going to make possession tougher and will force Bo to play a ton of minutes that he prefers not to play. Basically all defensive draws and PKs while losing possession on offense if EP and Gaudette can't figure it out on the dot in an instant. I think the more center options in the lineup right now the better.

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

.600 hockey without him .444 hickey with him.  A crap ton of goals without him in the lineup, goal depicts with him.

The description of the way our team was playing was “relentless” with all four lines coming at you.  When you reduce that to three lines coming at you and being able to rest when the 4th one plays has an impact.

The team slumped. Not sure how it can solely be singled out as LE being the problem here. I get LE is not living up to his contract, but he wasn't the only problem during the losing streak. Not enough to warrant the end of his time just yet.

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, x00x said:

Tanev will retire a canuck, so all the hate minus well stop, hes been very good this year, our best shot blocker, puts his body in danger for the team every game he plays, what more can u expect from a player , hes probably blocked several GREAT goal opportunity's .....hes human, he will have bad games like anyone else, even EP40 has had some bad games...so deal with it.

Good callups, hopefully both get in and help the team win more games

Alot of ppl are just ignorant and have no respect or idea for what tanev does. It's not like other players can do what he does. He does the hard stuff. And so, he gets injured more so than others.

Edited by Monteeun
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Monteeun said:

Alot of ppl are just ignorant and have no respect or idea for what tanev does. It's not like other players can do what he does. He does the hard stuff. And so, he gets injured more so than others.

Same ones who hate Tanev love McSofty Double Flamingos.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Nice callups.  This should be the end of LE in the lineup.

Maybe.  I’ve defended him a lot in the past - a lot of that had to do with the fact he was set up for failure - and because I hate anyone ragging on anyone that wears  our uniform and he’s been a decent-good pro and teammate to the rest of the crew. But not so sure if this is the way things will play out (yet). These guys look like Sutter - Ferland - Beagle replacements... in the end we could do a lot worse then LE as the 13th forward.   We discarded Gagne (and rightly so) and he’s doing ok in EDM the last little while.   He hasn’t had much ice time - and hasn’t done much with it either - BUT he hasn’t been a total liability either.   Tough decision for management to bury 5 million in the minors. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1