The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall MacEwan and Graovac

Rate this topic

SilentSam

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He needs better pads.

He needs, dare I say, to find a way to play without blocking so many shots.  (Less Edler, more Hughes or even more Stecher to see how defense can be played.)  And less setting himself up to be hit behind the net/in the corners.  He has the speed and the brains, not sure why he plays this way. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

You’re making me hungry.  I’m going for the meatballs.  

1/2-3/4 pound Hamburger,

mix in a bowl, a teaspoon  of BBQ sauce, 3 table spoon pasta sauce, 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning, table spoon of red pesto, tea spoon of sugar, and half teaspoon eason salt.. saute' diced mushrooms and green onion stalk into the liquid

Mix thru the hamburger really well, make into meatballs and sea salt and pepper to taste..

Italian meatballs are the bestest Mr Fireball! 

Edited by iceman64
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

That would be good.

Graovac looked good in preseason; lots of skill and size.

Also, I do not think Baer has shown that well.

His speed is ok but he is mishandling passes and his shot is off.

Sutter is probably out and Louie could go back to the press box (imo).

The more this year's team looks like last year's, the less I like it.

Baer had a great game yesterday. Not sure what you watched.....

1 hour ago, Rabbit said:

It seems the call ups are for the injuries, not for LE.  Mostly likely BN and LE have an agreement, however I don't know the terms.

These call ups are the depth of Canucks, and see what is our future.

Don't know much about Gray but I'm a big Mac attack fan ever since we got him, been waiting patiently and he will go thru the Virtanen and Gaudette scenario..

However, all three on 3rd line might end up pretty f'n good until Rous comes back..

Edited by iceman64

11 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Baer had a great game yesterday. Not sure what you watched.....

I was thinking the same thing. While not amazing, I think Baer has done ok- especially for being out of the lineup so long. He really looks like he is giving his all out there.

Assuming he isn't taken out, by the time we get some wingers back from injury he will have showcased the best we can expect from him. I am glad he is getting the opportunity.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, x00x said:

Tanev will retire a canuck, so all the hate minus well stop, hes been very good this year, our best shot blocker, puts his body in danger for the team every game he plays, what more can u expect from a player , hes probably blocked several GREAT goal opportunity's .....hes human, he will have bad games like anyone else, even EP40 has had some bad games...so deal with it.

Good callups, hopefully both get in and help the team win more games

Tanev is a really quality person. 

He loves Vancouver but is very much a Toronto boy as well. I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up signing with the Leafs but I don't really see it happening. The reason is that if he signed with the Leafs people would recognize him. He is basically a regular dude in Toronto making 4.5 million dollars per year. 

7 hours ago, theo5789 said:

The team slumped. Not sure how it can solely be singled out as LE being the problem here. I get LE is not living up to his contract, but he wasn't the only problem during the losing streak. Not enough to warrant the end of his time just yet.

LE had 3 hits last year 7 hits the year before and yes 0 hits so far this year.

We need 4th liners that play like 4th liners, not someone gifted ice time because of a huge contract.

Without Ferland and Motte those missing hits are more noticeable.We need balance on our team, the right mix of physicality and skill. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

LE had 3 hits last year 7 hits the year before and yes 0 hits so far this year.

We need 4th liners that play like 4th liners, not someone gifted ice time because of a huge contract.

Without Ferland and Motte those missing hits are more noticeable.We need balance on our team, the right mix of physicality and skill. 

LE is not an energy guy that the fourth line needs. He is a more of a cerebral player that should be given a chance on the first or second line with Horvat or Pettersson.

If he is given the chance but fails in that role he should be banished to the press box or Utica.

• Upvote 1