The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall MacEwan and Graovac

Rate this topic

SilentSam

29 minutes ago, Schmautzie said:

LE is not an energy guy that the fourth line needs. He is a more of a cerebral player that should be given a chance on the first or second line with Horvat or Pettersson.

If he is given the chance but fails in that role he should be banished to the press box or Utica.

He was given that chance and failed time to go to Utica

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, the grinder said:

tanev is not made of glass come on now  tanev has been hurt blocking shots  55  of them already this year , give the tanman some credit would ya 

sorry but the guy plays 40-50 games a yr  hes hurt 30-40 percent of the  season so yes he made of glass hes the new mister sammi salo glassman maybe he should wear kevlar socks or better pads just saying 

5 hours ago, Schmautzie said:

LE is not an energy guy that the fourth line needs. He is a more of a cerebral player that should be given a chance on the first or second line with Horvat or Pettersson.

If he is given the chance but fails in that role he should be banished to the press box or Utica.

He has failed. Badly....for three years. He needs to be banished now without any further chances imo.

7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

LE had 3 hits last year 7 hits the year before and yes 0 hits so far this year.

We need 4th liners that play like 4th liners, not someone gifted ice time because of a huge contract.

Without Ferland and Motte those missing hits are more noticeable.We need balance on our team, the right mix of physicality and skill. 

So LE is not a 4th liner. He's only there because of injuries (he had been out of the lineup prior). Still doesn't single him out for the team slumping.

8 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

Tanev is a really quality person. 

He loves Vancouver but is very much a Toronto boy as well. I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up signing with the Leafs but I don't really see it happening. The reason is that if he signed with the Leafs people would recognize him. He is basically a regular dude in Toronto making 4.5 million dollars per year. 

Pretty sure he is easily recognized here as well

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, canuktravella said:

sorry but the guy plays 40-50 games a yr  hes hurt 30-40 percent of the  season so yes he made of glass hes the new mister sammi salo glassman maybe he should wear kevlar socks or better pads just saying 

Kevlar socks are protection  for skate cuts not  for shot blocking , better pads  lol u still have areas with lil to no padding because you need to flexibility to move . , the shot blockers on skates are just plastic , not much protection for ankle ,  lets see u block 55 shots  at 90 plus mph  and see if your made of glass ,   

you just have no concept of how much a blocked shot can pump up a team , when a player fearlessly throws himself out in front of a shot like tanev does . tanev is a reason why the pk has been great , and so what missed a few shifts here and there  , he goes right back out there and blocks another shot again and again .  He is a warrior out there  , he is the unsung player out there , 

yep when tanev missed time with injuries  , the canucks nose dived  hmmm I wonder why  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Schmautzie said:

you got to be kidding r ?   this is serious right ?   you know  loui has been here  for 3 years  t?   you know that he played with the sedins and has played on pretty much every line combo there is ?   , it should bon voyage loui because that ship has sailed a long time ago 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, the grinder said:

you got to be kidding r ?   this is serious right ?   you know  loui has been here  for 3 years  t?   you know that he played with the sedins and has played on pretty much every line combo there is ?   , it should bon voyage loui because that ship has sailed a long time ago 

ya time to waive him his times done

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, the grinder said:

Kevlar socks are protection  for skate cuts not  for shot blocking , better pads  lol u still have areas with lil to no padding because you need to flexibility to move . , the shot blockers on skates are just plastic , not much protection for ankle ,  lets see u block 55 shots  at 90 plus mph  and see if your made of glass ,   

you just have no concept of how much a blocked shot can pump up a team , when a player fearlessly throws himself out in front of a shot like tanev does . tanev is a reason why the pk has been great , and so what missed a few shifts here and there  , he goes right back out there and blocks another shot again and again .  He is a warrior out there  , he is the unsung player out there , 

yep when tanev missed time with injuries  , the canucks nose dived  hmmm I wonder why  

im  know how to block a shot  anyway  tanev is overrated in my eyes not sure why everyone loved this guy he brings no physicality or offense in his game while collecting a big cheque for ok passing and shot blocks  

• Haha 1
  • Wat 3

51 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

im  know how to block a shot  anyway  tanev is overrated in my eyes not sure why everyone loved this guy he brings no physicality or offense in his game while collecting a big cheque for ok passing and shot blocks  

you know how to block a nhl shot?  ok   ill leave to you the expert nhl shot blocking machine that you are  lol we pay him to be shot blocking move the puck and be on the pk  d- man .  he plays his role on the team very well  and a perfect compliment  playing with hughes 

Edited by the grinder
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, the grinder said:

you know how to block a nhl shot?  ok   ill leave to you the expert nhl shot blocking machine that you are  lol we pay him to be shot blocking move the puck and be on the pk  d- man .  he plays his role on the team very well  and a perfect compliment  playing with hughes 

ya my d man buddy growing up had a monster slapshot clocked it at 92 miles an hr  id be sitting in front of net  on pp looking for dirty rebound goals. My other buddy growing up played 20 yrs in europe look him up on hockey db quinn hancock  he had a great career but got no nhl time cuz wings drafted him and he wasnt making detroit in 90s so he went to europe   he made a mill a yr in khl apparently my other bro from my hometown played on alaskan college team in ncaa and got a few sniffs on ahl teams as a 4tg liner  but wasnt gonna make it 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

ya my d man buddy growing up had a monster slapshot clocked it at 92 miles an hr  id be sitting in front of net  on pp looking for dirty rebound goals. My other buddy growing up played 20 yrs in europe look him up on hockey db quinn hancock  he had a great career but got no nhl time cuz wings drafted him and he wasnt making detroit in 90s so he went to europe   he made a mill a yr in khl apparently my other bro from my hometown played on alaskan college team in ncaa and got a few sniffs on ahl teams as a 4tg liner  but wasnt gonna make it 

good ive had buddys  in the ohl ,whl and one even played a few games in the nhl   with philly  and chcicago under mike keenan  . he even scored a hatty  in the show

On 11/13/2019 at 11:47 AM, Goal:thecup said:

That would be good.

Graovac looked good in preseason; lots of skill and size.

Also, I do not think Baer has shown that well.

His speed is ok but he is mishandling passes and his shot is off.

Sutter is probably out and Louie could go back to the press box (imo).

The more this year's team looks like last year's, the less I like it.

Baer is average at best. Smurf. Last years man.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, canuktravella said:

22 hours ago, the grinder said:

good ive had buddys  in the ohl ,whl and one even played a few games in the nhl   with philly  and chcicago under mike keenan  . he even scored a hatty  in the show

yeah...yeah...well  I know this guy.....Pettersson...yeah I know him and he plays in the NHL....yeah....

Your bickering is embarrassing imo.