The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall MacEwan and Graovac

Rate this topic

SilentSam

On 11/14/2019 at 4:17 PM, the grinder said:

good ive had buddys  in the ohl ,whl and one even played a few games in the nhl   with philly  and chcicago under mike keenan  . he even scored a hatty  in the show

who was he? I wanted to see if I could sleuth it out so I checked out the rosters for the years that keenan coached philly and chicago and couldn't find any role player types ("played a few games in the nhl") that scored at least 3 goals in any season and played for both of those teams in his career. 

edit: I also just checked all the players that scored hat tricks for their respective teams in those keenan years ... this doesn't seem to check out.

Edited by tas
  • Like 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, tas said:

who was he? I wanted to see if I could sleuth it out so I checked out the rosters for the years that keenan coached philly and chicago and couldn't find any role player types ("played a few games in the nhl") that scored at least 3 goals in any season and played for both of those teams in his career. 

I'm wondering if its Matt Ellison

56 minutes ago, tas said:

edit: I also just checked all the players that scored hat tricks for their respective teams in those keenan years ... this doesn't seem to check out.

tony Horachek   check away   dude   dec 30th 1989  was his hat trick game   you can see his fights on youtube as well    is that enough info for you   check out flyers a-z  for his full bio      

Edited by the grinder

On 11/14/2019 at 1:52 PM, canuktravella said:

im  know how to block a shot  anyway  tanev is overrated in my eyes not sure why everyone loved this guy he brings no physicality or offense in his game while collecting a big cheque for ok passing and shot blocks  

Wow, what an awful take. Laughable at best. 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, the grinder said:

tony Horachek   check away   dude   dec 30th 1989  was his hat trick game   you can see his fights on youtube as well    is that enough info for you   check out flyers a-z  for his full bio      

ah, that clears it up. the way I read your statement, he played for keenan in both philly and chicago, but he didn't play for keenan in philly. 

2 minutes ago, the grinder said:

I know  I said in philly and in Chicago under keenan  ,  so it checks out now?

yes?

you said "with philly and chicago under keenan," which can easily be read as under keenan on both teams, especially since he coached those teams in consecutive years. 

3 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Big Mac hasn't looked out of place, he looks like an NHLer.

Graovac too, minus the foot speed. Was worried how he would do in regular season play. Not sure how much longer he can keep it up though.

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

yes?

you said "with philly and chicago under keenan," which can easily be read as under keenan on both teams, especially since he coached those teams in consecutive years. 

technically he went to a training camp under keenan  in philly  but what ever   so are you happy now  ?

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Graovac too, minus the foot speed. Was worried how he would do in regular season play. Not sure how much longer he can keep it up though.

Yea Graovac is slower than Lucic if that's even possible lol but he's smart with the puck. 

I think MacEwen is going to make JB feel comfortable about trading a forward or two later on when Roussel and Ferland return.

• Cheers 1

On 11/15/2019 at 2:13 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

yeah...yeah...well  I know this guy.....Pettersson...yeah I know him and he plays in the NHL....yeah....

Your bickering is embarrassing imo.

well I do know a guy   tony Horachek  so there ya go   quit embarrassing yourself dude   

• Haha 1