The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Roberto Luongo joins Panthers front office

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

But instead the franchise trades him away a few years later?!?  The compliance buyouts were good in multiple years!  Aquilini and Gillis decided to gamble that Lu would play past the end of that contract.  Lu's hips decided otherwise so Aquilini and Gillis' gamble failed and failed big at the worst possible time just as the Canucks are a playoff caliber team again.

Not gonna open this one up. So much wrong with this paragraph. 

All i gotta say is, perhaps the canucks were loyal to luo, and were backed in a corner with schneids. 

1 minute ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Wasnt even talking about you. 

But now that you mention it, you bringing up the “amount of posts” thing really throws up alarm bells for me.

Who cares about your alarm bells?  Like others before you, you'll eventually get bored with posting here and stop and I'll still be here plugging away.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

The Canucks were given 2 chances to get out from under Luongo's contract.  They refused to do it.  That's on Aquilini and Gillis, not the NHL.

Lou had trade value, and (therefore) why the heck would a team use a compliance buyout on a player that could return value.  Buy out Lou and we don't have Marky.  

All i gotta say is, perhaps the canucks were loyal to luo, and were backed in a corner with schneids. 

CDC has even been complaining about how the Canucks have always treated their goaltenders and we're all the biggest Canucks homers on the internet!  Luongo and Schneider had nothing to do with loyalty.  Fortunately the Canucks dumped Schneider before he started to suck.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

Who cares about your alarm bells?  Like others before you, you'll eventually get bored with posting here and stop and I'll still be here plugging away.

Another alarm bell. 

Seriously you consider this “plugging away”?

you gotta get out man. You arent some buffalo soldier. This isnt the “big time”. You wont get a career on canucks.com unless you start out slinging nachos. 

Sad buddy. Go take a walk. 

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

3 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

We all have the common ground of HATING THE LOSER LEAFS!  And it's the friggin' Leafs that are the problem.  They get around the cap worse than all the other teams combined, and the league allows it, because the LOSER LEAF FANS spend so much money the team controls Betman.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

CDC has even been complaining about how the Canucks have always treated their goaltenders and we're all the biggest Canucks homers on the internet!  Luongo and Schneider had nothing to do with loyalty.  Fortunately the Canucks dumped Schneider before he started to suck.

We got Bo for Schneider!  Ha Ha Ha!!!  Within a year Schneider was terrible!!!  Ha Ha Ha And people say Lamarillo is some sort of genius.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Lou had trade value, and (therefore) why the heck would a team use a compliance buyout on a player that could return value.  Buy out Lou and we don't have Marky.  

Buyout Lu and we don't have a multi-million dollar cap recapture hitting the team just as it's good enough to do some damage in the playoffs.  That's why I have no sympathy for this situation.  This is a self-inflicted wound at the worst possible time.

I blast the Sabres for their stupid moves also.  There's been more than enough of them for the entire decade running.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

There IS a silver lining in all of this, however. Ludicrous rulings(or contract rule changes) have forced Van to adapt. I think chasing pricey FA's(after apocalypse of two Lu's) is something they've allowed other teams to indulge in. Mostly just be an interested observer.

& fortunately they've been drafting top-notch. A succession of ELC's will probably enable the franchise to pass through all this shyte, relatively unscathed. Sometimes a long tunnel of crap can lead to Shawshank endings...

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

2 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Another alarm bell. 

Seriously you consider this “plugging away”?

you gotta get out man. You arent some buffalo soldier. This isnt the “big time”. You wont get a career on canucks.com unless you start out slinging nachos. 

Sad buddy. Go take a walk. 

I've been here for over 7 years.  My posts average 5 per day.  Do the math dipsh*t.  I don't live on the board.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah thats the painful part, Luigi was too cheap to buy out Lu. Some kind of thing among the Italians. 

I blame Bettman the most, this was clearly a case where Lu could have gone on LTIR but chose not to, and had no way of coming back to play even if he wanted to. That should negate the recapture but it is what it is. 

They both share a bit of blame.  I just can't dump on Lu too much.  He's going to do what's in his best interest and I'm having a tough time blaming him for that.

I've been here for over 7 years.  My posts average 5 per day.  Do the math dipsh*t.  I don't live on the board.

Taking it pretty seriously though. 

Enough to call out your time of service to get your “street cred”. 

I also didnt call you names. 

I dont like being misgendered as dip$&!#. 

I prefer “male”, thankyou very much. 

7 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Taking it pretty seriously though. 

Enough to call out your time of service to get your “street cred”. 

I also didnt call you names. 

I dont like being misgendered as dip$&!#. 

I prefer “male”, thankyou very much. 

I'm a bit of prick.  Dipsh*t just felt right at the moment.

As for the highlighted, I'm guessing you're joking, but it's going over my head.  I'm curious though.  :lol:

Edited by SabreFan1
changed your to you're
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

They both share a bit of blame.  I just can't dump on Lu too much.  He's going to do what's in his best interest and I'm having a tough time blaming him for that.

yeah i get that. Just wish it didn't have to come with such a big hit for us. You want to be able to celebrate what these guys did here... don't see how we'll ever do that now tho, or at least as long as Aquilini is owner. 

Ah well, maybe they can dedicate the hallway between locker rooms to Torts instead. Torts Tunnel maybe. 

8 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

There IS a silver lining in all of this, however. Ludicrous rulings(or contract rule changes) have forced Van to adapt. I think chasing pricey FA's(after apocalypse of two Lu's) is something they've allowed other teams to indulge in. Mostly just be an interested observer.

& fortunately they've been drafting top-notch. A succession of ELC's will probably enable the franchise to pass through all this shyte, relatively unscathed. Sometimes a long tunnel of crap can lead to Shawshank endings...

I'm selfish.  I'd prefer Benning to have the extra millions to work with.  I have high hopes for this and the upcoming seasons and that cap money could buy a nice rental or 2 for the upcoming playoff runs.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah i get that. Just wish it didn't have to come with such a big hit for us. You want to be able to celebrate what these guys did here... don't see how we'll ever do that now tho, or at least as long as Aquilini is owner. 

Ah well, maybe they can dedicate the hallway between locker rooms to Torts instead. Torts Tunnel maybe. 

I'm not immune.  Like I said in an earlier post, I still hold grudges against Briere and Drury even though I know it was Golisano and Regiers d*cking around that ended up making them want to leave.

• Upvote 1

Obvious joke. Trying to lighten the mood. 

You gettin too worked up amigo. 

Nah, not worked up.  Ask anybody.  Like I said I'm a bit of a prick. 

I know it was a joke, but I picked on myself with the laughing emoji for not getting it.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm selfish.  I'd prefer Benning to have the extra millions to work with.  I have high hopes for this and the upcoming seasons and that cap money could buy a nice rental or 2 for the upcoming playoff runs.

Your own back yard might have an 800 lb Gorilla(of a GM) flinging crap in various directions. I heard some HFriffraff suggesting Skinner may be one of the league's worst deals. Then a quick capfriendly glance shows a slew of FA's to sign, with expenditures already in the top-5, overall. Not looking too tidy.

• Upvote 1