The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article) Alex Edler and Tyler Myers are one of the best defence pairings in the NHL

Rate this topic

On 11/15/2019 at 12:32 AM, morrissex95 said:

Sorry all you jackasses criticizing Myers are way off base. The guy drives player who cares how many points he has points don't mean everything. Toews in Chicago scores at a similar rate to BH53. The difference between the two is that Toews has an elite defensive game which means he doesn't have to score as much. Horvat is a great centre don't get me wrong but he ain't as good as Toews. I'm basically saying that point scoring while important isn't EVERYTHING. I think Myers has been great for us and I'll think he'll be a solid top 4 guy for us for years to come. 

Myers has been great? We’ve won two of our last nine and in least seven of those he’s been one of the worst players on the ice.

infact the only games he hasn’t been are ones where you don’t notice him which isn’t good for someone who’s supposed to bring offense. 0 goals and 4 assists in 21 games, 100 missed nets.

he took a penalty tonight though so there was that.

name one good play this season that overrides him giving ROR a breakAwY late in the third of a tie game with. Minute left or the subsequent crash into our players behind the net setting up tjeir three on o winner.

i think you need to look up great in the dictionary 

On 11/14/2019 at 10:10 PM, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Me.

it was me.

because he is horrible.

those numbers are largely against awful teams. Detroit, LA, a quarter of our games have been against them. Lol. Seriously people can you not see how cherry picked. those stats are

hes on pace for 0 goals and 19 assists with a -8 rating. Wow

man just blowing everything out of the water.

myers has like three assists this season and gives the puck away all the time. He misses the net. He blew the game against the blues by himself crashing into teammates causig a 3 on 0 for the blues. That’s bush league stuff. He hasn’t made one play to overwrite that one and even if he had it’s not enough to convince he isn’t awful.

He’s making more then mcavoy and werenski who signed at similar times. There is absolutely no justification for this.

this article was written by a damn Vancouver fan cherry picking analytics.

calling edler and myers one of the best pairings in the league is laughable. It’s straight comedy

sad sadness GIF

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

We've always know what Edler was, and that is a good defenceman who make mistakes when he's relied upon to carry a team. Myers isn't that dissimilar. I don't think he's been relied upon to carry a team like Edler has at times, but has been the guy earmarked to carry a pairing. When they can play instinctually and not have to overthink things they are very good. If they get in their heads (similar to how the panel talked about Myers after he took that interference penalty) then they second guess.

9 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Clearly Myers stole your girl. Get the hell over it jesus christ..

Sure I’m a bit overboard but can you blame me when there’s actually articles calling him in one of the best dmen pairings in the league. Then to have the next two guys in the thread all “wHere is that guy who said Myers sucked now”

adnif this article was at all credible in any way 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Sure I’m a bit overboard but can you blame me when there’s actually articles calling him in one of the best dmen pairings in the league. Then to have the next two guys in the thread all “wHere is that guy who said Myers sucked now”

adnif this article was at all credible in any way 

Say stupid things on the internet and you're bound to get called out.

Is he one of the best dmen in the league? No

Is he so bad you need to write paragraphs crapping on him? Absolutely not.

Your hate for him is completely over the top and unnecessary.

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 1

The thing about this website is there is no middle ground on anything. You're either the second coming of Gretzky or a bum who couldn't crack the lineup of some South American team. There is no appreciation for anyone simply being a solid player. Thats what Edler is. Yes he makes mistakes but he also does a lot of things well. And thats par for the course for the majority of NHL players. 

As for Myers, we're a quarter of the way into his first season. I'm not making any judgments yet.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

They've both been quite good. Edlers' breakdowns have been very limited and while Myers makes some typical big man mistakes here and there he's really added a neccessary element to our back end. That Bertu44ssi guy/gal is off their rocker. :frantic:

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2