Rate this topic

DownUndaCanuck

56 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

Move Petey to the wing the guy can't take a face-off to save his life

Pettersson-Miller-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Virtanen 

Baertschi-Sutter-Leivo 

Schaller-Gaudette-MacEwen 

Taking face offs is only a small part of playing centre, it also has defensive responsibilities that define the difference between those who can play centre and those, lacking those skills, are forced to play wing.

3 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

Move Petey to the wing the guy can't take a face-off to save his life

Pettersson-Miller-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Virtanen 

Baertschi-Sutter-Leivo 

Schaller-Gaudette-MacEwen 

You say Petey at 48.5% can't win a draw to save his life but want Gaudette at 31.8% at C??!?!?!?!?

• Upvote 3

Horvat is going to be gassed if he doesn’t get some relief - what I think they should do is play Miller on two lines (double shift him) as the third line Center to spread the load around a little.   Other then that I’m in favour of playing him on the top line - ANYONE who’s still bitter about this trade needs to give their head a shake.   He just might me out MVP so far given whatever line he’s on gets a huge boost.  Our first line was flat until he was added and he got them going.   Same with any other line he’s on.  He’s our Swiss Army knife and I think TG knows that and will use him the best way he see fit.

7 hours ago, mll said:

He was 55% this game.  6 wins and 5 losses.  Miller has been taking draws on the line too.  

He has the puck more at C.  Players need to work on their weaknesses to improve - if he doesn't take draws he's never going to get better.  

Btw Pettersson (48.5%) has a better face-off percentage than both MacKinnon (44%) and McDavid (47%).  Their teams are not considering moving them to wing.  Both have been gradually improving.    

yeah i'd be leaving Petey right where is is thanks. Kids got skill to burn, once he's a bit stronger and more experienced I think he'll eventually top 50% in face off %.

• Upvote 1

Just now, IBatch said:

We still need Sutter until AG can get his face-offs up to .500 - after that I think it’s time to move on - maybe this year if not next for sure.

I wouldn't look to extend Sutter but we sure need him and miss him in this lineup. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

We're clearly struggling with Sutter and Beagle out. As much as we all want Sutter traded, he's a cornerstone of this team and gives us 4 solid two way centers. Without both our bottom 2 guys Bo is overworked and the top two lines are much easier to matchup.

When we traded the 1st for Miller we got a very versatile center. The man can play anywhere in the lineup so let's use him. Boeser and Pettersson are in their groove now so let's slot Miller in at center, he can still play 1st line PP minutes and still rack up 18-20 mins a game.

Boeser - Pettersson - Leivo(Goldobin?)

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen

Pearson - Miller - Schaller

Eriksson - Gaudette - MacEwan

Couldn't hurt! I'll be at the game tomorrow night in the Press Box. If I see JB again, I'll suggest it to him ::D

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

This is what I don't get. Green said that Horvat is most effective when he plays around 22 minutes and yet he's been playing 27-28 minutes. He does look tired.

“I think I play my best when I’m around 19 or 20 minutes. You don’t waste as much energy and you have more pop in your game.” — Bo Horvat on his ice time

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1