Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Scary Sounding Emails - don't fall for them!


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Boomers: I can work with my hands unlike millennials! 

Millennials: at least I don't scammed out of my life savings by the Nigerian prince. 

Boomers to millennial:, that's because a lot of you still live in mom's basement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I've thought about getting into scam-baiting. Anyone else here tried it at all?

I have, but not very seriously.

There's lots of scam baiting videos/websites out there. I don't know how they do all the computer stuff - that's a whole different level for me. But I assume you ask because you already have some background doing this.

 

I think the important thing is that nothing gets traced back to you. This sort of stuff is, you know, dangerous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I have, but not very seriously.

There's lots of scam baiting videos/websites out there. I don't know how they do all the computer stuff - that's a whole different level for me. But I assume you ask because you already have some background doing this.

 

I think the important thing is that nothing gets traced back to you. This sort of stuff is, you know, dangerous.

Yeah I haven't really actually tried it, but watched a lot of videos of other users doing it, either via email or phone/PC control. I would only dare trying email and keeping it simple. Just sounded like something that could be fun possibly.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, luckylager said:

I flew all the way there to meet him and give him a pile cash, but he was a no show.

I found Nigeria isn't a great tourist destination.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/things-nigeria-does-best/index.html

 

I have never been there personally, but to say it isn't a great tourist destination is a bit unfair, don't you think?

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, gurn said:

Boomers to millennial:, that's because a lot of you still live in mom's basement.

Gen X to Boomers and Millenials

 

You &^@#ing did it to yourselves. 

 

You both act like entitled brats, now pay me, I'm the Prince on Nigeria 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dazzle said:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/things-nigeria-does-best/index.html

 

I have never been there personally, but to say it isn't a great tourist destination is a bit unfair, don't you think?

Yes. It was a joke.

They have wonderful safaris and stuff.

 

And apparently, I'm like royalty there 

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 3:47 PM, -AJ- said:

I've thought about getting into scam-baiting. Anyone else here tried it at all?

 

On 11/15/2019 at 6:14 PM, Dazzle said:

I have, but not very seriously.

There's lots of scam baiting videos/websites out there. I don't know how they do all the computer stuff - that's a whole different level for me. But I assume you ask because you already have some background doing this.

 

I think the important thing is that nothing gets traced back to you. This sort of stuff is, you know, dangerous.

There are tons of them on Youtube.  Some are just relatively benign where they just waste the scammer's time.  

Replying to emails and just watch it all unfold, there's one guy on Tedtalks that does it. 

Another youtuber is Kitboga... he just uses a synthesizer to make his voice sound like an old lady and just proceeds to waste like 3+ hours of the scammer's time.  Gives out fake info on fake banking websites, etc.  He pretends to redeem all those Amazon gift cards with the scammers watching on their PC and making them freak out.  

 

There are also youtubers that lets scammers log on to his virtual machine, which then the youtuber deletes all files (also make them unrecoverable) on the scammers PC, etc.

 

They're satisfying to watch.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...