The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Scary Sounding Emails - don't fall for them!

Dazzle

18 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Boomers: I can work with my hands unlike millennials! 

Millennials: at least I don't scammed out of my life savings by the Nigerian prince. 

Boomers to millennial:, that's because a lot of you still live in mom's basement.

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I've thought about getting into scam-baiting. Anyone else here tried it at all?

I have, but not very seriously.

There's lots of scam baiting videos/websites out there. I don't know how they do all the computer stuff - that's a whole different level for me. But I assume you ask because you already have some background doing this.

I think the important thing is that nothing gets traced back to you. This sort of stuff is, you know, dangerous.

13 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

There's lots of scam baiting videos/websites out there. I don't know how they do all the computer stuff - that's a whole different level for me. But I assume you ask because you already have some background doing this.

I think the important thing is that nothing gets traced back to you. This sort of stuff is, you know, dangerous.

Yeah I haven't really actually tried it, but watched a lot of videos of other users doing it, either via email or phone/PC control. I would only dare trying email and keeping it simple. Just sounded like something that could be fun possibly.

• Upvote 1

Just now, luckylager said:

I flew all the way there to meet him and give him a pile cash, but he was a no show.

I found Nigeria isn't a great tourist destination.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/things-nigeria-does-best/index.html

I have never been there personally, but to say it isn't a great tourist destination is a bit unfair, don't you think?

On 11/15/2019 at 3:47 PM, -AJ- said:

I've thought about getting into scam-baiting. Anyone else here tried it at all?

On 11/15/2019 at 6:14 PM, Dazzle said:

There are tons of them on Youtube.  Some are just relatively benign where they just waste the scammer's time.  

Replying to emails and just watch it all unfold, there's one guy on Tedtalks that does it. 

Another youtuber is Kitboga... he just uses a synthesizer to make his voice sound like an old lady and just proceeds to waste like 3+ hours of the scammer's time.  Gives out fake info on fake banking websites, etc.  He pretends to redeem all those Amazon gift cards with the scammers watching on their PC and making them freak out.  

There are also youtubers that lets scammers log on to his virtual machine, which then the youtuber deletes all files (also make them unrecoverable) on the scammers PC, etc.

They're satisfying to watch.  

• Upvote 2