The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Avs @ Nucks Sat Nov 16th 2019 7pm HNIC - Black Skate Jersey Edition 1/3

Rate this topic

xereau

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Both Quinn Hughes and Cale Makar are already among the best skating Ds in the league.  Mike Kelly provides some numbers using SportlogIQ video tracking software.

QH will do laps and holds onto the puck more in the Ozone more than Cale does, partly because of who the pass options happen to be on both sides. 

I’d be curious to see if the Canucks lead the league in minutes spend behind the opposing goal line. 

Anyone else notice this trend? 

The Canucks play below the goal line more than I think is normal.

it'd be cool to find out. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Davathor said:

They're just saving time for the demotion hes played his way into. 

As one of the people who was surprised to see him sent down and rooting for him to get called back up, I too have been unimpressed with his game. He's too soft on the puck and gets pushed off way too easily. I have a feeling we won't see Baertchi in a Canucks sweater again after this season and I'm okay with that.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

I don’t get why people roast eriksson but myers makes the same amount and hs been absolutely brutal. Turnovers, giveAwYs? Absolutely

no offense created, misses the net. Clumsy. Doesent use his size in a productive way.

its almost like I predicted this and no one listened. (As I’ve watched the guy play over 300 times as a sabres:Canucks fan) in Kelowna 

Maybe there's a reason no one listens? ;)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Play of the year so far pushing Gio on his ass.  

If pushing a player skating away towards his bench who is not expecting to be hit is the play of the year...I don't know what to say. Let's see a more legit hit if its play of the year imo.

I want to see Myers fight, that reach has to give him a decent advantage. Would like to see him hit more and use that frame to his advantage more. But, you can't teach an old dog new tricks!

10 hours ago, Squamfan said:

Wow, words escape me. Full credit to Bo’s parents, they did a great job raising him. To be in his position in life; at his age, and to have such a level head, and be so humble.

Bo will Captain this team to it’s first Cup one day.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

As one of the people who was surprised to see him sent down and rooting for him to get called back up, I too have been unimpressed with his game. He's too soft on the puck and gets pushed off way too easily. I have a feeling we won't see Baertchi in a Canucks sweater again after this season and I'm okay with that.

That's the biggest difference from the guys playing and the guys sitting or in the minors. People complain about Leivo , Pearson etc. but they are why we have possession of the puck most of the time. Having injuries really has shown the difference in being able to fight for and keep possession of the puck as opposed to being hemmed in our own zone getting peppered with shots.

The same argument for those who wanted to get rid of all the vets and play all of the youngsters. We need to have possession of the puck to make plays.

Baertchi was always weak along the boards and fighting for the puck, but now it seems his offensive touch has disappeared as well. Not good for him. He will go back down once our injured players return.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I’m going to focus on Meyers tonight. 

Hard to do from home watching TV, but it’s all I have. 

One game doesn’t make a contract though... 

I’ve isolated him before, but that was early on. 

Meyers is up and down, but he’s one of very few of our Dmen who will pushback when the going gets tough, especially if someone takes a shot at him. He could be effective on a rush team, which is what we were early on. 

Who will be our Kassian tonight? 

Kass destroys their superstar, then beats up the guy who complained. 

Thats why he gets come play with 99 and 17.

... oh wait, wrong decade. 

Still miss Kass. I thought Benn did a decent job when he hit Radulov and then answered the bell. Unfortunately that was the high point in thegame froma physicality point of view. McDavid kept mentioning Kass in the after game interview. I would take him back in a flash. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1