The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Retro Jerseys tonight look Amazing

Rate this topic

TheNewGM

25 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Yeah, I think it looks great and sharp but at the same time it screams the 90s. 

The orca like it more not is modern and can become a timeless logo that a team needs for consistent marketing/identity. 

Modern doesn't fit the Canucks. They are Canada's 3rd oldest NHL franchise and are in the same class as teams like the Flyers, Blues, Sabres, Islanders and Oilers. Classic Stick in Rink as the primary and the Skate as the 3rd. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I just did a bit of searching, the Flying Skate will be back for the game against the Rangers in January. I don't know if there are any more games we get to see the Flying skate.

Rangers are a perfect choice, 94 SCF match up.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

The colours of the Flying Skate were purposefully chosen because they spoke of aggression and energy, the original and current colour schemes of blue and green are sedate and calming, which isn't indicative of what a team should be demonstrating for a high-energy, contact sport.

Laughable at best.

39 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I just did a bit of searching, the Flying Skate will be back for the game against the Rangers in January. I don't know if there are any more games we get to see the Flying skate.

2 more games NYR and Nashville

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, linden17 said:

Hopefully next year we can see the white skate jerseys at home. The colours are so much more intimidating then the blue and green. Come

on aquilinis.....instant money grab for you and the fans get what they want.

I would think the whites would be more suitable for something like a Winter Classic or Heritage Classic game.

7 hours ago, linden17 said:

Hopefully next year we can see the white skate jerseys at home. The colours are so much more intimidating then the blue and green. Come

on aquilinis.....instant money grab for you and the fans get what they want.

Me too - I identify with that one more given back then we played with the white ones at home, love the black ones too but those were my favourites...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1