The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pavel Bure: A Rocket Through Time - I have created an 85-minute retrospective, montage-style film about Pavel Bure. It features over 300 goals and a plethora of other plays in addition to the voices of many commentators.

Rate this topic

TrickOfShapes

nice video or movie as you called it , did you get permission or anything ? just wondering   I surprised you haven.t received a cease and desist order from the nhl  or  from the  artists songs you used  since you called it a movie ,  you don't own the footage or songs  you can use a clip but you cant put thousands of clips together and call it your own  

On 11/19/2019 at 2:27 PM, IBatch said:

Reply to this question: who is the best goal scorer of all-time? (That’s somewhat subjective / being the best at something is more then just stats)

To me it’s a very small group that separates the pack.  Longevity guys don’t get as much  consideration.

1. Wayne Gretzky.   Why? Well just watch some video if you weren’t around back then.  Master at faking shots then picking corners, as well as puckhandling around defenseman and dekeing goalies- simply remarkable- one of his best was as a Ranger when he went around the net and deked out everyone including his own team - they all fell down ha ha. 

2. Pavel Bure - OP video explains why

2. B. Rocket Richard - anyone who gets knocked out - goes back on the ice and skates the puck the length of  the ice with blood running down his face and scores a series winner - not wanting to pass to anyone else because he doesn’t know who’s who...and plus a trophy was named after him and he’s the most beloved Hab of all time.   Respect.

2. Mario - don’t believe me go watch some video.   Maybe he’s better then Bure and Richard at number two / let’s call him 2/B-C - like the top three just insane. 

5.  Bossy.  Retired with the best GPG all-time after 10 years .75 ... after ten years WG was over 1.00 GPG so he drops down given he was on the cusp of regression.  Shoot the puck!  One of the best at that.

6. Ovi shots shots shots.  Miss miss miss save save save too.

7. B Hull shots shots shots

8. B Hull shots shots shots slap shot engineer.

9.  Espo garbage garbage garbage but it worked. 

10.  Howe power and longevity 

Honourable mention.   Dionne.  Said if he was a hab instead of Lafluer he’d have scored 1000 goals.  Maybe he would have.   MG - Speed and consistent.  Selanne - same but better 

Bossy was an unbelievable goal scorer. Good list, and pretty accurate.

9 hours ago, the grinder said:

nice video or movie as you called it , did you get permission or anything ? just wondering   I surprised you haven.t received a cease and desist order from the nhl  or  from the  artists songs you used  since you called it a movie ,  you don't own the footage or songs  you can use a clip but you cant put thousands of clips together and call it your own  

Thanks for your concern and for asking about this,

YouTube has a unique feature called Content ID, which allows copyright holders to receive ad revenue whenever their work is used in a YouTube video. Copyright holders can submit their work to YouTube and have it added to the system; they then decide whether the copyrighted material should be blocked by YouTube or monetized for the rights holders. In the case of the former, the video simply becomes unavailable. Some content is blocked on YouTube by default because of this. In the case of the latter, the rights holders are compensated for the use of their work. In effect, it serves as a provisional licensing arrangement on YouTube, which is how YouTube protects itself from infringement. In choosing to allow the monetization of their copyrighted material on YouTube for themselves, the rights holders are in spirit allowing the use of their material by others on YouTube. Another rule of this is that I can not personally monetize the video.

Rights holders can still manually request the removal of a video by YouTube at any time, so they can take the video down if they wish for it to happen. I have clarified that this video is only to be available on YouTube where this Content ID system is in effect. It's a film in the sense that it is a lengthy presentation of sound and images, but it is not for profit and is intended only for educational purposes.

The following is an example of what I see on my end. Both video and audio content are listed in this menu.

youtube-contentid-example.jpg

Video content is included in the Content ID system as well.

youtube-contentid-example3.thumb.jpg.90d6ed820b8d331404483c044094ea10.jpg

YouTube also identifies and publicly lists all of the music rights holders in the video description:

youtube-contentid-example2.jpg.1880695d164623af973b7711b2990522.jpg

The Content ID system keeps everyone happy, and as soon as someone is not happy, the video is removed.

Edited by TrickOfShapes
  • Upvote 1