The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Nucks need to make a move for a top line winger.

2 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

Says who?

Any pragmatist/realist?

Canucks *will be* a contender in a few years, don’t get me wrong, but this isn’t their year.   Rolling the dice and making more short term moves (especially with our cap issues coming up) won’t be worth it.

Give Horvat Miller and Virtanen.   Put Pearson (smart two way player) with Petey and Brock.

That top 6 should be good enough.  

Let Gaudette and Sutter fart with each on the 3rd line and let them alternate different roles (ie Gaudette plays center but Sutter takes key face offs, etc).

2021-2022.   Circle that year on your calendar and remember........you heard it here first. ;)

Edited by Hindustan Smyl

3 hours ago, Sbriggs said:

I'll take my chances with JB's drafting skills. We can get our top 6 forward  by trading Stetcher + Goldy, Sven or maybe a 2nd and recover our 1st by trading Marky at the deadline. Other then that we need patience and let our players develope and gain experience. Maybe Tanev can be moved once OJ is ready but that won't be until at least Trade deadline.

Dude  no! Just No! NO NO NO!

Stecher has some value.... I'll give you that but not much.

GOLDY AND SVEN are worthless in trade value ( They clear waivers )

You will never in a million years get anywhere close to a 1st for Marky as a rental.

Oj is injury prone and should not be relied on as a future piece of the canucks.... if he makes it hes a bonus. That bodies got alot of miles on it as of late. And FYI....hes injured again.

Just wait 2 years.... lind... pods... hog

Edited by Snapshot85
  • Thanks 2

DEFENCE WINS HOCKEY GAMES..DEFENCE WINS CUPS//No way id get a player like nylander..you culls dont know what a good hockey player is..like ive said in the past , player has to have skill in special area of the game and character is very important..i want a guy that wants to be a hockey player not just be in the nhl and make money..nylander is in the goldobin  type..no way id trade tanner for him ...tanev may get injured at times but he is a player..blocks shot sacrifices for the team and is great at reading the plays most of the time...if the canucks get ferland and rouse back the heavy games they need them for will be very good...if anything id like the canucks to get tough d man for back up...a defence man thats going to be there in case we get injuries late in the season..

• Upvote 1

Looking at the team on paper there is a big Podkolzin sized hole on right wing.

This is where the drafting and development need to work. 

We don't have the cap space to be chasing established top 6 wingers.

Unfortunately Lind is probably 2-3 years away as are Hoglander and Podkolzin.  

Looks like a rotating batch of middle six wingers for Bo for a couple of years.

It would cost a lot to pry Nylander out of Toronto.

He's been one of their best most consistent forwards.

Playing better than Boeser has for us. 

One of their best 5v5 players and never gives the puck away. Doesn't get 1st unit pp. 

We don't have what it would cost and if we did it wouldn't be worth trading. He'll get a big return if they trade him.

If I'm the leafs I'd try to trade Marner for Drew Doughty. 

Then trade another forward for a more heavy forward who plays with pace.

They need to get heavier and meaner. They're too soft. Too many pretty boys not enough grunts on that team.

Edited by WHL rocks

4 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

This is what drafting and developing is. We have guys coming. It will be better in the long run if we are patient. We are gonna have a decent year. Lets not &^@# up our cap situation and be patient.

Bang. Case closed. We aren't competing for a cup this year....and that's ok.

• Upvote 1

We are probably best off at this point trying to unload Eriksson and the cap space... then seeing what is available later on.

We have prospects that are likely surplus to requirements like Lockwood, Palmu, Gadjovich that can be moved out.  Hoglander, Podkolzin, Lind, and Madden are pretty solid prospects in the pipeline plus any dark horses that come out.

We do need another top six winger (or two).  We currently have Petterson, Boeser, Horvat, and Miller as legit top six guys... everyone else would be better off on the 3rd line for a team hoping to do damage in the playoffs.