The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Cory Schneider

HerrDrFunk

20 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

The trade is only lopsided cause Horvat developed quite nicely; although struggling right now, hopefully he'll turn around sooner.  I did not like at the time cause I did know anything about Horvat but I give credit to Gillis for this gift..

How in the blue hell is horvat struggling!?

He's our Captain, top FO at almost 60%, he is #6 in faceoff wins with more then 200 more draws then anyone ahead of him, legit #2 C, plays solid at both ends, is covering for deficiencies of Petey (the few) didnt he play 27min the other night? Covering for Sutter and Beagle being out, tripling his responsibilities aswell.

Canucks have 3 Centers in the top 43 points wise. Thats legit depth.

Plus i think he had a lower body stinger as last game his skating looked a little laboured at times.

Oh and he's on pace for a career high in points....

but please tell me how he is struggling

:picard:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, wildwood12 said:

The Pierre Maguire rant when Schneider was traded for a draft pick still gives me a laugh.

I believe it was just the expected return for a goalie of Schneider's calibre should have been a high pick plus an extra prospect.  

There were rumours that the Oilers were willing to give up the #7 pick plus a couple of other pieces.  

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Lol. C'mon.  

I think people pretend to feel sorry for very successful and happy people to make them selves feel better. 

If you are so caring go donate to single moms. Or homeless people. Go volunteer at a shelter. 

Feel sorry and bad for people who need it. And do something about it..

Writing a few words on a forum saying you're feeling bad for a highly successful person who's a complete winner in life is anything but caring. 

CS has traveled the world he's pro athlete level healthy. Multi millionaire .. plays a game for a living. Has had a long career. Longer than average in his field by many yrs...

If you feel bad for his life I wonder how you feel for OJ who just suffered another injury.  Did you have to call in sick to work for a week for that.. 

It's silly when people express crocodile tears. Feeling sorry for people they idolize and pay money to go see perform their job. 

I find it amusing. 

- find empathy amusing? very little of this makes sense and seems a tad overreactice for someone saying they feel sorry for how CS career went.  Wow. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lancaster said:

I believe it was just the expected return for a goalie of Schneider's calibre should have been a high pick plus an extra prospect.  

There were rumours that the Oilers were willing to give up the #7 pick plus a couple of other pieces.  

Given the fact that (if I recall correctly) no goalie has ever fetched a first round pick, I think we did pretty well.  

2 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

How in the blue hell is horvat struggling!?

He's our Captain, top FO at almost 60%, he is #6 in faceoff wins with more then 200 more draws then anyone ahead of him, legit #2 C, plays solid at both ends, is covering for deficiencies of Petey (the few) didnt he play 27min the other night? Covering for Sutter and Beagle being out, tripling his responsibilities aswell.

Canucks have 3 Centers in the top 43 points wise. Thats legit depth.

Plus i think he had a lower body stinger as last game his skating looked a little laboured at times.

Oh and he's on pace for a career high in points....

but please tell me how he is struggling

:picard:

My bad, I should had specified: offensively during the mini slump and I agree all around he has been a beast this year and is deserving of the C - I did not realize that it would be taken out of context.

This is why I get a kick out of everyone praising the J T Miller trade. It still has the potential to turn out badly for the Canucks. I’m sure Jersey fans were elated the first couple years after the Schneider trade, but there’s little doubt now who won this trade from a long term perspective. 

10 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

oh and we went on to bash gillis non stop about trading Schneider instead of Luongo who played as much as Schneider did in the same period since traded.. he had like 2-3 great seasons with the Devils and then injury and never recovered.. imagine trading Luongo at that time for a bag of pucks which was what majority of CDC wanted.. then we wouldn't even have Horvat and probably markstrom.. but i guess we'd prolly had a bigger chance at the lottery?

I liked how a lot of those who wanted Luongo traded for a bag of pucks then whined endlessly about “how little” we got for him. Never good enough I guess even when it's more than they asked for. :lol:

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

Schneider and Boqvist for Eriksson, Schaller and Baertschi

Markstrom for a 1st 

Schneider would make a great mentor for Demko. IMO we should try to get a high pick this year and make a big playoff push next season with more depth 

NJD is better off to buy out Schneider than to take on Eriksson.   Schneider's contract is not buy out proof unlike Eriksson's - it's a 2M cap hit which they can manage.  Their future is around Hischier/Hughes.  They are struggling right now and there's really no reason for them to add veterans and give up key prospects.  

Doubt any team would pay a 1st for a UFA goalie.  

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, mll said:

NJD is better off to buy out Schneider than to take on Eriksson.   Schneider's contract is not buy out proof unlike Eriksson's - it's a 2M cap hit which they can manage.  Their future is around Hischier/Hughes.  They are struggling right now and there's really no reason for them to add veterans and give up key prospects.  

Doubt any team would pay a 1st for a UFA goalie.  

Agreed.  NJ had to figure out the Hall situation, but certainly if that club tanks and adds assets via Hall deal, they’ll be headed in the right direction imo, plus they’ll have capital freed up for free agency.