The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Stars, November 19, 2019 -- On the Road Again Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

"Ok here we go, Vancouver Dallas - 

Tough road trip for those Canucks starting to-NIGHT, boy I tell ya what! 

Dallas looking for ol' peanutbutter fingers to get his game back in order. TWO GOALS!! He's got two goals all season, two! THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH for a guy making his kinda dough, forget about it.

Speaking of not good enough for the money, LOUI ERIKSSON, zzzzzzzzzz, what's vancouver gonna do with this lazy floater? Hes a bum I tell ya! Bet they're hoping to just leave him in dallas with the kids because geez. What happened to that guy!?

Good to see that hard working dog, Beagle back for Canucks. Bo's been ridden like a rented mule lately, sheesh, and he's doing great on the dot - took 5000 draws last week, lost two of em! Boy oh boy he's something else. Good Canadian kid to boot. He stuck around the rink with the Canadian Forces members til they were all gone. My kind of kid!

Get that man a winger! Nothing against the nice guys Greens been putting on a merry go round, BUT COME ON! Damn that Bo works hard.

So here it is, Canucks can come out on top if they use their speed to confuse the hell out of the old slow pokes in Texas.

Calling it 3-2 Vancouver.

Oh geez, not that again Ron, put your pants back on dammit!

_20180720_135014.JPG.c22d4e60d9eec52a33869aec3f696d30.JPG

Ummm Rous is back, Soon it'll be Bo, Rooster, and Pearson/jake and either way that line will be really good, no worries.

Edited by iceman64
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, stawns said:

let the stupid LE stuff go.  His contributions have had zero effect on wins or losses.  he's been fine in his very very limited mins

Sorry, until LE is off the team for good, and not eating 6 million towards a potential finishing piece for a Cup run, he's fair game.  And if you think he has zero effect, then that is by definition a negative. Every player on a winning team has to have an effect in a positive way, from the first line down to the fourth, and the goaltender and D. To not even achieve that is not "fine".  Also the fact that he is played "limited minutes", that Green doesn't trust him with more, further devalues him to the team, and the minutes other players have to play to fill in for him. 

Is he going to sabotage the team? No of course not. Its not a huge deal, thank gawd we still don't rely on him to help carry our first line. I just think that anyone is better at this point. I just can't feel sorry for the guy. He's already scooped up 27 million of cap space from us which could have gone elsewhere.  (edit: minus bonuses, so something like 20 mill of cap at this point)  I think he's lost all confidence, which I feel some sympathy about, but he's also been paid handsomely for showing up and going through the motions.  And so if he has "zero effect", I"d rather have in either Graovac, or another Utica prospect up here to help develop towards our future.

GO LOUIE GO!  

(as in retire please)

Edited by kilgore
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Sorry, until LE is off the team for good, and not eating 6 million towards a potential finishing piece for a Cup run, he's fair game.  And if you think he has zero effect, then that is by definition a negative. Every player on a winning team has to have an effect in a positive way, from the first line down to the fourth, and the goaltender and D. To not even achieve that is not "fine".  Also the fact that he is played "limited minutes", that Green doesn't trust him with more, further devalues him to the team, and the minutes other players have to play to fill in for him. 

Is he going to sabotage the team? No of course not. Its not a huge deal, thank gawd we still don't rely on him to help carry our first line. I just think that anyone is better at this point. I just can't feel sorry for the guy. He's already scooped up 27 million of cap space from us which could have gone elsewhere.  (edit: minus bonuses, so something like 20 mill of cap at this point)  I think he's lost all confidence, which I feel some sympathy about, but he's also been paid handsomely for showing up and going through the motions.  And so if he has "zero effect", I"d rather have in either Graovac, or another Utica prospect up here to help develop towards our future.

GO LOUIE GO!  

(as in retire please)

just makes it look like a poster don't know much about the game when they do it, but that's just my opinion.

25 minutes ago, kilgore said:

GO LOUIE GO!  

(as in retire please)

You have to stop blaming Loui, he didn't threaten Benning to offer that much, certainly all this blow back on Eriksson should be focused on the man whose expert scouting skills are compensated by paying him millions. Looking like a slightly smaller but expensive error might be Ferland.

Benning loves it when posters blame the players instead of how those players got here.Blame Eriksson, yeah, blame Gudbranson, yeah, blame Ferland, yeah, OJ not even considered for this NHL team, fans forget and hope, yeaah, etc, etc. Year 6 of a ten year rebuild, what?

This game is a tale of two teams going in different directions.

The very young players the Canucks are putting all their eggs in and counting on them to have success are starting to show the wear. Even if they manage to score the team is not exactly solid. It took a 3 man advantage to score a goal vs Colorado with a player laying face down on the ice, embarrassing the cheering going on for that.

The heat is on, this road trip could go from being in the frying pan to catching jumping into the fire

Horvat has been THE road warrior, all his goals on the road.

Hard fight but Dallas, well Dallas might let up for their first game after a road trip but they are on a roll.

Edited by ItTakesAnArmy
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

If the Canucks give 110%, if their best players are their best players, if they give that second, third (and fourth) effort, if they get some puck-luck, if they skate faster, shoot harder and score more goals …. I feel like they have a good chance to win this one.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

REFEREES

Kendrick Nicholson #30
KN30.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120,120
Dan O’Halloran #13
DO13.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120,120
Games 18-19 75 75
Career RS Games 254 1451
First NHL Game 1/17/15 10/1/95
Birthplace Milverton, ON Essex, ON

LINESMEN

Brian Murphy #93
BM93.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120,120
Ryan Daisy #81
RD81.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120,120
Games 18-19 74 75
Career RS Games 2010 199
First NHL Game 10/7/88 10/13/16
Birthplace Dover, NH Mansfield, MA

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

If Loui takes some harder minutes from our better players, that's good too.  We have no cap crunch until next season, right?

ah ha! Idea!

Let him spend some time with Tanev, who will show him how to block shots on the PK. Throw yourself in front of those pucks Loui! I can think of six million reasons why you should. He might save the Canucks a bunch of goals, and he might also end up on the LTIR. Both help the Canucks.  

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

If the Canucks give 110%, if their best players are their best players, if they give that second, third (and fourth) effort, if they get some puck-luck, if they skate faster, shoot harder and score more goals …. I feel like they have a good chance to win this one.  

should they play like their backs are against the wall and that there is no tomorrow?

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

:lol::lol:I used to love it when AV would say "if we stop that goal" or"if we score then, we win" and posters ate it up, hey Captain Obvious, if they stop goals being scored and score goals then what?

Our best very young players have to be better than their best players in order to win. No pressure.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, falcons said:

Dont think he will move the needle much. Need shrimp Louie out and motte back to recharge the fourth line. Looking forward to seeing ferland and Roussel in the lineup aswell.

Sutter should rest his groin and let Gaudette finish the season...

Yeah LE is in, we lose.

43 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

You have to stop blaming Loui, he didn't threaten Benning to offer that much, certainly all this blow back on Eriksson should be focused on the man whose expert scouting skills are compensated by paying him millions. Looking like a slightly smaller but expensive error might be Ferland.

Benning loves it when posters blame the players instead of how those players got here.Blame Eriksson, yeah, blame Gudbranson, yeah, blame Ferland, yeah, OJ not even considered for this NHL team, fans forget and hope, yeaah, etc, etc. Year 6 of a ten year rebuild, what?

This game is a tale of two teams going in different directions.

The very young players the Canucks are putting all their eggs in and counting on them to have success are starting to show the wear. Even if they manage to score the team is not exactly solid. It took a 3 man advantage to score a goal vs Colorado with a player laying face down on the ice, embarrassing the cheering going on for that.

The heat is on, this road trip could go from being in the frying pan to catching jumping into the fire

Horvat has been THE road warrior, all his goals on the road.

Hard fight but Dallas, well Dallas might let up for their first game after a road trip but they are on a roll.

Benning doesn’t love anything we say on this forum good or bad - like he has the time to check in on us.  Mercurial post - hard to get a read on what it is your actually saying but I get your frustrated with the time it’s taking.  COL hasn’t been a good team since the WCE years - that’s a lot of losing - year  12 or something so not sure where your going with them as a comparison.   It does take time ... and no we are not quite done yet. 

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Benning doesn’t love anything we say on this forum good or bad - like he has the time to check in on us.  Mercurial post - hard to get a read on what it is your actually saying but I get your frustrated with the time it’s taking.  COL hasn’t been a good team since the WCE years - that’s a lot of losing - year  12 or something so not sure where your going with them as a comparison.   It does take time ... and no we are not quite done yet. 

Colorado comparison, they thought they had the rebuild done once they drafted Landeskog, Duchene, Barrie and O'Rielly but they ended up having to trade away some of those assets for 1rst round draft picks and do a second rebuild with a good tank in there.

So many posters here are estatic that the team might be good enough to reach middle of the road status without any more good young, under 23, players. As good as Colorado is now they are still considerably younger team than Vancouver.

• Cheers 1