The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

$22/hr is average wage needed to afford a two-bedroom apartment in Canada: report

Ryan Strome

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Or live in a forest & eat freeken berries?! Workin' class poverty is no joke, & it'll reduce life to a Hellish grind, in most cases.

It's difficult when one compares such standards to those of decades (perhaps long?) past.

While 99% of us will have to tighten our belts, the elites will carry on like Auston Matthews!

when I was in the psych ward a couple of years ago (was homeless at the time) some really old guy and I hit it off a bit and he unironically suggested I do this :lol: 

he advised me to get into amateur radio stuff as well, which was actually good advice I should have taken.

Edited by 112
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

&^@# that

don't need to talk to more people than I already have to!

You really don't have to say that much if you don't want to :lol:

Just remember though, that when the people who lost their jobs to the automated check outs can no longer afford to buy 'widgets' from YOUR company, don't come crying to me :P

Edited by aGENT

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

You really don't have to say that much if you don't want to :lol:

Just remember though, that when the people who lost their jobs to the automated check outs can no longer afford to buy 'widgets' from YOUR company, don't come crying to me :P

I don't sell widgets. I sell dreams!

• Haha 1

When the housing marking in Van started to dip, the developers withheld over 90% of the new builds.

When they do want to build the development applications take forever.

This crap has to be ironed out.  

I hope the First Nations folks get that south of the Burrard bridge mega development going asap. All rental build.

14 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Depends on how thrifty you are. I find being very careful with what you spend money on can go a long way. 

That's right. Don't buy one apple, buy a bag of apples. 

Lol, that's my contribution to this thread -buy bags of apples. While we're at it, buy bulk oats and invest in some cinnamon.. There's breakfast for a month. You're welcome.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Western Red said:

That's right. Don't buy one apple, buy a bag of apples. 

Lol, that's my contribution to this thread -buy bags of apples. While we're at it, buy bulk oats and invest in some cinnamon.. There's breakfast for a month. You're welcome.

But it’s perfectly sound financial advice. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Based on what you guys are telling me the problem doesn't seem bad. I mean the prices seem very similar possibly cheaper than Calgary. The issue I see in BC is low wages, so if your profession doesn't pay you enough relocate to AB, Sask or Manitoba. 

But aren't the extra wages offset by the need to by snowblowers, block heaters, truck nuts, chewing tobacco and banjos? B)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3