The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Seating Advice... for an opposing (habs) fan

Rate this topic

kpfries94

Hello, I am looking for some professional opinions for my seating this years Habs at Nucks game in Rogers Arena. I've made it a yearly tradition with some buds, but have typically say in the same section... around 325-326. It is alright from what I can remember, but want to do some research to sit in a better spot for the same budget. I know obviously the "best" places to get the best sightlines if you have the money, however, we are keeping it between a budget of 130-160. Where would your ideal place to sit be for that budget?

The following are sections I'm considering atm: 101/behind the opposing goal in the lower bowl. Or centre ice in the upper bowl. 

Given the budget, and these choices what would you go for in regards to your home barn? Behind the goal where I get a good offensive view for two periods, but hard to see beyond center ice. Or should I just go centre ice for as low in the uppers as I can to get the full view? Let me know your opinions, Go Nucks and Go Habs Go!

1 minute ago, Roberts said:

imagine if all of rogers arena was the Larscheiders :frantic:

that would be amazing. Its begun, its going to take a while to change the culture here from Lindens "students of the game" don't make noise model but the Larscheiders are great. I think thats why OP wants to move sections. Lets not help him :lol:

16 hours ago, kpfries94 said:

Hello, I am looking for some professional opinions for my seating this years Habs at Nucks game in Rogers Arena. I've made it a yearly tradition with some buds, but have typically say in the same section... around 325-326. It is alright from what I can remember, but want to do some research to sit in a better spot for the same budget. I know obviously the "best" places to get the best sightlines if you have the money, however, we are keeping it between a budget of 130-160. Where would your ideal place to sit be for that budget?

The following are sections I'm considering atm: 101/behind the opposing goal in the lower bowl. Or centre ice in the upper bowl. 

Given the budget, and these choices what would you go for in regards to your home barn? Behind the goal where I get a good offensive view for two periods, but hard to see beyond center ice. Or should I just go centre ice for as low in the uppers as I can to get the full view? Let me know your opinions, Go Nucks and Go Habs Go!

If you can, I would try to find first or second row seats in the upper bowl around centre ice...One of the best spots imo. 

I always like row 1 or two in upper bowl center

But goal seats aren't too bad either because you don't have to keep turning your head lol

Most seats in the Rog are pretty decent either way though so if you go for upper bowl center try to snipe some in row 1, it's cool sitting right at the edge of the balcony

Glad you are coming out to see the Canucks beat the Habs! ;)

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Chris12345 said:

Nice! You were right up close. Did your view get cut off? 

Any thoughts on a little higher up like row 15-20?

On second though I think that was next to sec 115, only bad spots were near the bench and the corner to Ryan Miller’s right. 

Sat up higher in sec 115 though good seats. 

67B92313-845B-44A8-A902-945C18A22F2D.jpeg

OK, a real answer if I must:  lower bowl is GREAT for really getting a feel for the speed and intensity of the game...especially ice level.  However, depending on where you are, not always the best overall "view" of the entire ice/game.  Play on the boards and in the corners can be obstructed on one side.

Upper bowl, centre, is great.  A little more fun in relation to fan interaction and we sit way up high...top row, where we can stand and not have to worry about bothering people behind us.  Can see the entire play as it unfolds (mind you, from afar) and I actually prefer it to the lower bowl if I'm not on the glass.

We had upper bowl seats not long ago and I was thrilled to be on the aisle...hate disrupting people if we have to get up.  However, the railing was something we hadn't thought about and was a huge issue...was like watching through a picture frame as the play moved up ice away from us.  So be mindful of the stair railings, etc. as they can make it more difficult to see everything.

Have fun. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

OK, a real answer if I must:  lower bowl is GREAT for getting a feel for the speed and intensity of the game...especially ice level.  However, depending on where you are, not always the best overall "view" of the entire ice/game.

Upper bowl, centre, is great.  A little more fun in relation to fan interaction and we sit way up high...top row, where we can stand and not have to worry about bothering people behind us.  Can see the entire play as it unfolds (mind you, from afar) and I actually prefer it to the lower bowl if I'm not on the glass.

Have fun. 

I find the lower bowl you have to be really selective for a good view. Row 1-7 is great for being up close for crushing hits in the corner but those happen 2-3 times a game at most and it's like winning the lottery if it happens by your seats. 

I find lower bowl row 12-25 to be the best view as you can get in the lower bowl as your close but still high enough to over see everything. 

Upper bowl first 5 rows are great as well especially closer to centre. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I find the lower bowl you have to be really selective for a good view. Row 1-7 is great for being up close for crushing hits in the corner but those happen 2-3 times a game at most and it's like winning the lottery if it happens by your seats. 

I find lower bowl row 12-25 to be the best view as you can get in the lower bowl as your close but still high enough to over see everything. 

Upper bowl first 5 rows are great as well especially closer to centre. 

Nice! Where's the best place to get tickets