The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No Time To Panic

Rate this topic

Nuxfanabroad

It's been two games albeit very poor games. Right after we won 7 straight. We are still in the thick of the race. Take a look at the standings.

Teams go through ups and downs. Look at Toronto at the start of the year, Boston of late. The fact is we just had our longest travel of the year to Florida and we have had a little let down after a 7 game streak. I was at the last home game versus New York. It wasn't a good effort. A young, confident team were far too cavalier with the puck in our end. Trying to make finesse passes rather than being hard on the puck and ensuring it left the zone.

Now breathe. They will figure it out.

• 4 weeks later...

Sure hope the league doesn't blatantly revert back to 2 rulebooks. Didn't see the last 2 periods yest, but sounds like we had 2 players knocked outa' lineup in 2 games.

Unpenalized crap, no doubt.

Has anyone blamed bad karma from staring threads that announce we're "IN" the PO's?! That stuff gives me the Willies.

On 2/7/2020 at 2:46 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Sure hope the league doesn't blatantly revert back to 2 rulebooks. Didn't see the last 2 periods yest, but sounds like we had 2 players knocked outa' lineup in 2 games.

Unpenalized crap, no doubt.

Has anyone blamed bad karma from staring threads that announce we're "IN" the PO's?! That stuff gives me the Willies.

What? You want to fire Green and re-hire Willie?

• Thanks 1

With Boeser out 3+ weeks and Ferland being shut down for the season I think the Toffoli move was essential. JB didn't want the team to fully tailspin outta control and needed to spend a bit, but it might help for a playoff run. 

I'm at peace with this trade. 

• Cheers 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

On 1/10/2020 at 1:33 PM, awalk said:

scared the lion king GIF

Okay..been feeling this^ lately(admittedly), a tad.

After Gent Jim declared this rough period a "black hole", it ramps up the feelings of intensity perhaps? I'd been content to previously view these yrs as a tough(but necessary) slog. Should we win it all, might request a word with his speech-writers before Jimbo hits the podium.

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

• 4 weeks later...