The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Garnet Hathaway suspended 3 games

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Just as bad Guds attempting to sucker punch said player while he was tied up by one of the Refs.

Nah, the spitting is worse but I have a feeling that Gudbranson is going to be eating some fists from #43 when the 2 teams meet again on Dec. 6. That is if Guddy isn't a healthy scratch since, ya know he isn't really an NHL defenceman despite being a top 3 pick.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

Nah, the spitting is worse but I have a feeling that Gudbranson is going to be eating some fists from #43 when the 2 teams meet again on Dec. 6. That is if Guddy isn't a healthy scratch since, ya know he isn't really an NHL defenceman despite being a top 3 pick.

I think that Wilson has tried feeding Gudbranson fists before and wasn't really able to make it happen. While Wilson is a more talented player, he's not keeping Gudbranson awake at night.

And yeah, the spitting is worse. Like, who does that?

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think that Wilson has tried feeding Gudbranson fists before and wasn't really able to make it happen. While Wilson is a more talented player, he's not keeping Gudbranson awake at night.

Fair enough.  Still pretty gutless trying to sucker punch a guy that can't defend himself. 

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Roberto Alomar.

Hakka patooey.

• Haha 3

Spitting in someone's face? He should be kicked out of the league. That is beyind disrespectful, to Gudbranson and the game. He's living a dream, playing in the NHL and this is how he treats opponents? Maybe he should spit in Bettman's face, see how that works out for him.  

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The "experts" are saying there's no precedent for this, but I'm pretty sure I remember Denis Savard spitting at a referee and getting in trouble.

Shouldn't they remember this stuff better than me?

Sad day when that happened.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

It was a bit of a suckerpunch, but Hathway is a notorious spotpicker and rat so I can understand why Guddy wanted to take every opportunity he had to get at him. 

Yeah, context is important.  Hathaway had just elbowed Derek Grant down and then punched his head into the ice.  I don't know...I would think  most Nuck fans wouldn't mind seeing a sucker punch in response to such a thing.

To be fair to Hathaway (if we must), the spit took on an epic looking gob, because he spat his mouth guard at Guddy.  Still, spitting is spitting and it needs to be curtailed immediately.  We don't want young players to think it is ok.  I guess face licking is acceptable though:gocan:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

I hate the spitting dont agree its worse than the suckerpunch as he wasnt aiming for guddys mouth lol. 
Dare I say we need a little/alot of what Hathaway brings I would love to see that kind of energy out 

of any of our group. Guddy late to the ball again haha.

The Canucks need a whiny, spot-picking, loogie hocking bottom six forward? Yeah, no thanks. Roussel will be back soon enough which negates the need for Ole Spigot Hathaway. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Canucks need a whiny, spot-picking, loogie hocking bottom six forward? Yeah, no thanks. Roussel will be back soon enough which negates the need for Ole Spigot Hathaway. 

Compared to the push back ive seen out of the current group yes we need aspects of what Hathaway has.