The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Babcock or Green. Who would you rather see coach the Canucks.

Rate this topic

rekker

Who would you like to see coaching the Canucks?  

240 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Babcock or Green. I'm not a huge Babcock fan but are Green's systems working? Opponents zone entries are easy, odd man rushes against the Canucks are plenty. Canucks don't "start on time". Maybe its time for a change. 

Edited by rekker
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, rekker said:

Babcock or Green. I'm not a huge Babcock fan but are Green's systems working? Opponents zone entries are easy, odd man rushes against the Canucks are plenty. Canucks don't "start on time". Maybe its time for a change. 

Green

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

All I can say is I don’t think Green will be the guy that takes this core to the next level. 

Correct.  I don't see Green coaching this team to a Stanley Cup championship any time soon.  We'll need an experienced coach to get to that level.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Might not be a popular opinion here, but I want to see a high profile coach with proven track record to coach the Canucks. It would be interesting to see Babcock behind Canucks bench. We might not have the players to play his system though.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Crazy thought is what if it truly was Green that was the problem the whole time with Eriksson, and all of a sudden under Babcock, we get the Eriksson that we expected when he was signed as a UFA.  That would completely transform this team.

I suppose one can dream.... but really, no matter what hypothetical we spin... Erickson is Erickson's problem

I'm seeing the same difficiencies as last season starting to show up again. 

Green coaches a game that relies on scoring to win and when other teams use defence the canucks can't seem to score

Babcock might not be the answer but with a proven coach available he might be worth the risk

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Strombone said:

Let's make Green the Assistant Coach/PP Coach and make Babcock the Head.

Have you ever seen a head coach be demoted to assistant coach and a new head coach brought in?

Maybe it has happened, but I can't think of a time.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1