The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Babcock or Green. Who would you rather see coach the Canucks.

Rate this topic

rekker

Who would you like to see coaching the Canucks?  

240 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Marc Crawford

ben_8575.jpg

This.

But I would rather Babcock over Green without a doubt.   Green has all the ego with none of the success.  Look at all the talent on our PP and he cant get creative with his systems and make something happen?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

This.

But I would rather Babcock over Green without a doubt.   Green has all the ego with none of the success.  Look at all the talent on our PP and he cant get creative with his systems and make something happen?

I get it but why cant Babcock succeed with all that talent on the leaf's roster either? 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I believe it happened with Wayne Cashman in the late '90s. Cashman was the head coach for the Flyers during the 1997-98 season. Then in the following season, Roger Neilson was brought in while Cashman was demoted to assistant coach.

I imagine that must have been awkward.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Babcock or Green. I'm not a huge Babcock fan but are Green's systems working? Opponents zone entries are easy, odd man rushes against the Canucks are plenty. Canucks don't "start on time". Maybe its time for a change. 

I say we need to wait and see how the season goes, and wait for the right coach to become available, Babcock is an eastern coach and may not want to commit to anything right away. Someone like Trotz or maybe AV if available.

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, Strombone said:

All I know is that Babcock wouldn't put Eriksson near the lineup or put Leivo on the 1st PP unit.

really? how do you know this

there were many rumours about the babs and dubas relationship

that babs relied far too much on veterans in dubas' eyes

and so dubas emptied the cupboard of veterans that he felt babs was overplaying

particularly marleau in the playoffs last season

• Cheers 1

Can’t fire some one every time the team falls into a funk the 3rd 4th line guys that played a 2nd line role were above there skills for the first month and now the luck ran out. Benning needs to find that 2nd line guy for Bo

green working with what he has got 

25 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I get it but why cant Babcock succeed with all that talent on the leaf's roster either? 

They can't keep pucks out of the net and have little depth outside top 6 and top 2 dmen

They are all offense and the numbers do show that a top 10 goals for despite being down Tavares for a month and now marner

Their goals against is 30th

• Like 1