The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Babcock or Green. Who would you rather see coach the Canucks.

Rate this topic

rekker

Who would you like to see coaching the Canucks?  

240 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

This.

Look at all the talent on our PP and he cant get creative with his systems and make something happen?

Newell Brown is the PP coach, and the team currently has the 9th best power play, even with the last couple of games lack of success.

Just now, gurn said:

Newell Brown is the PP coach, and the team currently has the 9th best power play, even with the last couple of games lack of success.

Its been feast or famine with our pp. They score like 3 pp goals against the kings and then cant score on a crucial 2 man advantage in a tight game. 

The last few pp goals have been the 2nd unit off the rush (not exactly what Newell drew up) 

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, gurn said:

Omit the two massive PP outburst games and we're 27th or so.

It's not a recent couple of games 'lack of success'. It's "massive success in a couple games". Remember that 1for25 or whatever it was to start the season? Aaaand we're back to that.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Pickly said:

All I can say is I don’t think Green will be the guy that takes this core to the next level. 

I think I agree with this....however....every player that plays for Babcock hates him.

So he might not be the right guy for this team. Who knows though....who woulda thought Torts would ever coach again after his fiasco in Vancouver let alone him getting a team to play well.

• Cheers 1

It's all timing. If we keep Green (which we will) then he gets a passing grade if we make the playoffs. If we just miss he probably stays. If we miss by a bunch he's gone. 

Then is Babcock still available or someone else with a great resume? If we get to the summer and fire Green for lack of performance this year then it's gonna suck if no one like Babcock is available at that time. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

I get it but why cant Babcock succeed with all that talent on the leaf's roster either? 

Babcock's been the head coach in TOR for over 5 seasons now. His record is something like 170-130-45.  That's a winning record. Even if you count the loser points as losses he still has a .500 record. 

25 minutes ago, brownky said:

Omit the two massive PP outburst games and we're 27th or so.

It's not a recent couple of games 'lack of success'. It's "massive success in a couple games". Remember that 1for25 or whatever it was to start the season? Aaaand we're back to that.

Omit the two worst results on the power play and what are they?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, khay said:

Might not be a popular opinion here, but I want to see a high profile coach with proven track record to coach the Canucks. It would be interesting to see Babcock behind Canucks bench. We might not have the players to play his system though.

you mean tortrella?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Babcock's been the head coach in TOR for over 5 seasons now. His record is something like 170-130-45.  That's a winning record. Even if you count the loser points as losses he still has a .500 record. 

Look at the Canucks all time coaching stats. AV, Marc Crawford, and Pat Quinn are the only coaches we've had that achieved a winning record. They also stuck around the longest. Most unsuccessful coaches are 2 and out. I really don't understand why people want to go against the grain and keep giving Green more chances. How long until enough is enough? 2 more seasons, 3??? In the coaching world you either get results or you get fired, there is no 'waitng for someone to develop" behind the bench.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/VAN/coaches.html

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3