The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Robert Bortuzzo suspended 4 games

Rate this topic

Just now, johngould21 said:

Bortuzzo should be given an axe, the guy has a history of this crosschecking in the back stuff. Someone is going to miss more than 4 games if he keeps this crap up!

Arvidsson is out 4 to 6 weeks.

They even say it's not a hockey play and it was out of frustration.   They say he gets a suspension because he's a repeat offender.

5 minutes ago, gurn said:

The second crosscheck was a dirty play. Bortuzzo knew he was getting at least two minutes so decided to double down.

4 games seems light.

It doesn't seem long enough with Arvidsson missing up to 6 weeks.  There's at times such a gap between the length of the suspension and the time then missed by the injured player.  

• Upvote 3

Some teams get away with a lot more dirty stuff than other teams. It's usually just a matter of time before one of their players crosses the line and injures someone. The League needs to hold every team to the same standard. I won't hold my breath waiting for that though!

26 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Bortuzzo is working his way into Wilson territory with these suspensions. Also reminds me of Lucic the way he frequently loses his cool and does stupid stuff when he doesn't get his way.

Yes, he is, four games is a slap on the wrist. The next one could be a career ender on someone.