[Report] Canucks assign Antoine Roussel on conditioning loan to Comets

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

56 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Roussel-Horvat-Ferland

Miller-Petey-Boeser

Leivo/Pearson-Sutter-Virtanen

Motte/Schaller-Beagle-Gaudette

Why would you have two 3rd liners playing on the top line while moving the best line to the 2nd? Zero sense post. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Why would you have two 3rd liners playing on the top line while moving the best line to the 2nd? Zero sense post. 

You think Pearson and Jake play better than Roussel and Ferland? Give your head a shake. Petey's line only plays O zone starts. That's why they are the second line in my post. Based off of ice time 5v5. Hardly a "zero sense post"

1 hour ago, Outsiders said:

You think Pearson and Jake play better than Roussel and Ferland? Give your head a shake. Petey's line only plays O zone starts. That's why they are the second line in my post. Based off of ice time 5v5. Hardly a "zero sense post"

Enjoy watching next game line up. Feel free to bring this post up if the "1st" line resembles anything of what you posted. 

Edited by RRypien37
  • Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

It is either that or AHL. They aren't trading Sutter or Beagle and if you do, you clearly don't understand what JB is doing. Thats the realistic spot for AG if he's playing on our team. Go LOL on that!

'you clearly don't understand'

yeah i borrow and misapply huff-puff phrases in order to assert my superiority over the internet as well sometimes

what, pray tell, IS Jimbo doing?- since you seemed to imply having the understanding you said i lack

it was a stupid line-up, ofc i'm going to LOL at it

1 hour ago, Outsiders said:

It is either that or AHL. They aren't trading Sutter or Beagle and if you do, you clearly don't understand what JB is doing. Thats the realistic spot for AG if he's playing on our team. Go LOL on that!

Beagle and Sutter can play on the same line and Gaudette can centre his own line. 

Or Sutter could play RW with Gaudette and help him out on the face-offs. Gaudette can still play 3rd line minutes without trading Beagle or Sutter.

Edited by MattJVD

1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

Enjoy watching next game line up. Feel free to bring this post up if the "1st" line resembles anything of what you posted. 

If you check the Canucks sources, they always put Horvat's line at the top, since he gets the most TOI. Most fans put Petey at the top, that's just the way the Canucks themselves do it. Nothing wrong with either.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Battlemonger said:

Bear Cheese for a 3rd rounder.

That is a nice dream, teams passed on him for free. If he didn't have another year on his deal he might have gotten claimed. Canucks might hold him past the 30 day mark to have to place him on waivers again though. Later in the season now, teams have some injuries someone might take a flyer for a free waiver pick up

12 hours ago, BPA said:

Sweet.

Wonder who gets moved to make room for Roussel when he back with the Canucks?

:frantic:

We also lose the LTI and have to get below 81,5 mil. We will probably send Baertschi, MacEwen and Graovac down before Roussel rejoins the team. Sutter will probably be back in the line up and Ferland should be ready soon as well.

If we LTI Motte, then we can maybe fit Graovav or MacEwen for a while longer.

8 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Roussel-Horvat-Ferland

Miller-Petey-Boeser

Leivo/Pearson-Sutter-Virtanen

Motte/Schaller-Beagle-Gaudette

Roussel and Ferland will be behind in game conditioning levels and Bo logs big minutes. That's not a realistic expectation of two players returning to the line up.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

I think you’re over-analyzing quite a bit. Whichever line Petey is on is the 1st line. Whichever Horvat is on is the 2nd. It really doesn’t matter what order a poster on a Canucks Discussion Forum writes it down. 

So it would be Roussel and Ferland on the 2nd line. Seeing as how Ferland is a 40 pt power forward winger, and Roussel is an energy type guy with chemistry with Horvat, I really don’t see that much of an issue with the line. 

of course I’d rather have Virtanen and Gaudette with Horvat, or Pearson, but those lines are not that far from reality. 

• Cheers 1