The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Nov. 25, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

25 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Boeser 25th in the league in points, nearly PPG and y’all want to get rid of him. Any team in the league would be happy to take him off our hands.

Fanbase is a huge reason we don’t get anywhere, always whining and complaining. Can’t lie I play a part in it to some extent.

Point, don’t chase your stars out of town it’s ok to be passionate though

• Upvote 1

Not a good showing at all, especially after a solid game against the Caps. But a lot of key guys are out, high energy players as well, so just chillax and let this team get healthy again.

And.....we were projected to have another lousy year. We are far from that so far, so give the guys some credit.

Every good team learns how to lose before they learn how to win. Else it’ll be another fairytale regular season, followed by a disastrous display during the playoffs. Losing sucks, but it’ll help the young group. 

Keep smiling people! ::D

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, cuporbust said:

My god , these green posts are full retard. 

So for the record,  the backpass is working just fine seeing as our powerplay has been one of the best in the league this year, and we are still having a good year so far overall.  

You guys need to get your prescriptions refilled or something. Green is the best coach in the league after a good game , and a pariah after a loss two days later  . Its hilarious.  

i think for the PP people are frustrated, because one game we can 5 pp goals and then the next few games we cant get it past the blue line or pass properly and then all of a sudden one game get another 3-4 PP goals.

5 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

You think these guys who have had the last couple of days to prepare for

the game and we’re in video room meetings and tons of other in ice in room meetings didn’t know not to take them lightly?

you think they just arrive st the game and go “oh let’s just take this team lightly but if our coach tells us not too, we won’t! “

How do we even know if were better then philly? They’ve finished higher then us in the standings and absolutely dominted is today regardless of the score. So even if we “didn’t take them lightly” as you’re suggesting we did who knows.

the Canucks seem to have problems in their eastern road trips or metro teams in general or Teams witja. Specific style.

It happens though

how else do you explain how we come out flat against non playoff teams and play much better vs playoff teams? 

Well that was more like a philly poocake effort then a delicious cheesesteak one. I was amazed and yet pissed how well Demko played but it was pissed away from the lacking effort aside from Miller and a very select few. Great now I gotta hear it from Philly fan at work today<_<

42 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

It happens though

how else do you explain how we come out flat against non playoff teams and play much better vs playoff teams? 

Because there’s this thing called parity?

because teams get fatigued during a season. Not every tram gives it there all every night and before you say see! What I mean is not because they take them lightly but because of fatigue or strategy. When you hear in interviews “maybe we didn’t respect our opponents enough” it’s just an excuse. I mean you think their going to admit we were tired and lazy tonight?

plus these playoff teams you speak of usually don’t need the win as bad as us. Take Washington for example the other night, they had the best record why should their urgency be as great as ours? It’s not about taking us lightly it’s about not having the same urgency due to where they are in the standings and there’s so much parity these days the gap isn’t really that far. Plus these teams we lose to that are worse then us, philly? They’ve finished ahead of us every year for the past five seasons so I don’t get how you say we’re better then them

to Begin with? Again they dominated us but again one game doesent reflect everything either.

im not going to be totally ignorant though, what your saying is true too

but not to the extent you’re saying, it had to do with all factors I said too.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Last 3 games. 2 wins and 1 loss

I'm ok with it..

Last ten games before tonight 3 wins.

It might just be two wins now who knows but it’s no better then three in the last ten because of the loss of course.

its about how we Lost that bothers people. You can say it was only

2-1, that’s not the point. It was the lack of effort being totally outplayed all night.

and by the way the one win was in a shootout in the last three which doesent count the same in the standings...I’m not saying panic but you can shape it however you wish to look at it.

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever

2 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

i think for the PP people are frustrated, because one game we can 5 pp goals and then the next few games we cant get it past the blue line or pass properly and then all of a sudden one game get another 3-4 PP goals.

Tampa had like 5 or 6 PP goals against the Rangers, then had no PP goals in the next 3 games and just recently had 3 PP goals in 2 games. They have one of the top ranked PPs. Nobody is calling their PP poor or inconsistent. This simply just happens even to the best of teams. Everything is just under the microscope here.

• Upvote 2