Sign in to follow this  
Primal Optimist

EKL Fantasy Keeper League 2019-20 season

Weekly Wildcards!

chips: 214

Get your picks in folks! Thursdays Fantasy Five is back to the correct day of the week finally...

Thursdays featured 5 games are listed below: simply post in thread which team you think will win each game. Our collective wisdom will be tested as I will collect the results, and I will only vote to break any ties, otherwise I side with the majority guesses:

Cutoff time will be 9:30 am tomorrow morning so get your guesses in fast!

Colorado @ Montreal

Minnesota @ Tampa Bay

Vegas @ NY Islanders

Winnipeg @ Dallas 

Buffalo @ Calgary

9 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Colorado @ Montreal

Minnesota @ Tampa Bay

Vegas @ NY Islanders

Winnipeg @ Dallas 

Buffalo @ Calgary

Montreal (2nd of back-to-back for Colorado)

Tampa

Vegas

Dallas

Calgary

• Burr 1

36 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Montreal (2nd of back-to-back for Colorado)

Tampa

Vegas

Dallas

Calgary

Same here

• Burr 1

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

Weekly Wildcards!

Get your picks in folks! Thursdays Fantasy Five is back to the correct day of the week finally...

Thursdays featured 5 games are listed below: simply post in thread which team you think will win each game. Our collective wisdom will be tested as I will collect the results, and I will only vote to break any ties, otherwise I side with the majority guesses:

Colorado @ Montreal

Minnesota @ Tampa Bay

Vegas @ NY Islanders

Winnipeg @ Dallas 

Buffalo @ Calgary

• Burr 1

Just now, Kobayashi Maru said:

Anaheim Ducks place Jared Spurgeon on IR and recall Jacob Larsson.

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/injuries/

@Primal Optimist

The Anaheim Ducks are reportedly shopping Jared Spurgeon who has put together another great year so far and Minnesota is looking like a playoff team again.  Spurgeon is out for only two weeks but could be a great fit for teams needing an offensive D on a great contract.  PM me if interested.

3 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Weekly Wildcards!

Colorado @ Montreal

Minnesota @ Tampa Bay

Vegas @ NY Islanders

Winnipeg @ Dallas 

Buffalo @ Calgary

Montreal

Tampa

NYI

Dallas

Lames

29ish game update.

17th overall, but zero chance of making the playoffs.

Good

Huberdeau--Love this pick up, he's getting tons of points.

DeBrincat--Just love this guy, he's a stud for years to come.

Meh

Nick Foligno--just average.

Adrian Kempe--very average.

Bad 

Cam Talbot--expected more.

Futurecast: Love Podkolzin, Demko, Pelletier, Tomasino, etc. 

Jets roster! Red in the playoffs, bold on the block (Everyone but Laine, Huberdeau and DeBrincat).

Jonathan Huberdeau - Nick Foligno - Patrik Laine

Alex DeBrincat - Andrew Shaw - Cam Atkinson

Ivan Barbashev - Sam Steel - Artturi Lehkonen

Adrian Kempe - Noel Acciari - Jack Roslovic

Dmytro Timashov

Torey Krug - Ethan Bear

Ben Hutton - Ron Hainsey 

Brayden McNabb - Troy Stecher

Cam Talbot

Jake Allen

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/4/2019 at 12:41 PM, Primal Optimist said:

Weekly Wildcards!

# Colorado @ Montreal ####

Minnesota @ Tampa Bay #####

## Vegas @ NY Islanders ###

Winnipeg @ Dallas #####

# Buffalo @ Calgary ####

vegas or the islanders, good question! I will break the tie for the 11-2 at home Islanders over the Vegas team that has won 4 in a row so far

chips wagered:26

closing chips: 188

Edited by Primal Optimist

Running out for the day, so updates are complete. There are no waiver wire players at this time.

image.jpeg.3d3c84240aaa35005002e93fedb00d38.jpeg

P.S. I have been seeing nothing but error codes for the most part for a long time with the coding that keeps players ages up to date. Only about 12 teams were ever done this way as the change over from a 2 digit age was cut short at the end of October. I am concerned that if i put in the time sink to finish all the coding for 1200 players, probably 800 of which still need to be done: what if the error codes persist and its all useless work? 

I propose just putting a static D.O.B. in the age column and folks will have to do the tough math for a player born in 1995, right? hahaha....

Anyone for or against let me know in the coming days...so i can sort it out to our preferred way. 

18 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Running out for the day, so updates are complete. There are no waiver wire players at this time.

P.S. I have been seeing nothing but error codes for the most part for a long time with the coding that keeps players ages up to date. Only about 12 teams were ever done this way as the change over from a 2 digit age was cut short at the end of October. I am concerned that if i put in the time sink to finish all the coding for 1200 players, probably 800 of which still need to be done: what if the error codes persist and its all useless work? 

I propose just putting a static D.O.B. in the age column and folks will have to do the tough math for a player born in 1995, right? hahaha....

Anyone for or against let me know in the coming days...so i can sort it out to our preferred way. 

I think this is because Google restricts how often you can fetch information from a URL. You'll notice the same thing in the FL sheets.

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

DOB is fine, then it doesn’t need updating.

I must say I am a little disappointed in some of my fellow GM's

Having made contact with them , and having them reply with interest

then totally disappearing, upon giving them my first offer...….

What ever happened to curtesy, and follow through?

I am here for the long haul, unless you guys actually don't want me

but seriously guys...….I don't treat people that way......;.

It is not just one of you, so make up your minds......

Sorry for the blow up, but this is suppose to be fun.... 

17 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I must say I am a little disappointed in some of my fellow GM's

Having made contact with them , and having them reply with interest

then totally disappearing, upon giving them my first offer...….

What ever happened to curtesy, and follow through?

I am here for the long haul, unless you guys actually don't want me

but seriously guys...….I don't treat people that way......;.

It is not just one of you, so make up your minds......

Sorry for the blow up, but this is suppose to be fun.... 

I do that. 

Not because

I'm trying to upset

You

Because I'm busy 

And                there

Are other pri-

orities in life. 

:wub:

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Hey, there are plenty of people who respond by saying thanks but no thanks...….I don't mind that at all

and if you do not respond at all....well that is ok too

but, I find that if you are interested, and say so, then just don't bother the conversation to at least say

you kind of leave the guy hanging.....

My time is important too!

Maybe I am just too old for this league.....it certainly does not go like that in the other league I am in.

And just for the record inane, I have no reason to think it is/was you...………...

7 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Hey, there are plenty of people who respond by saying thanks but no thanks...….I don't mind that at all

and if you do not respond at all....well that is ok too

but, I find that if you are interested, and say so, then just don't bother the conversation to at least say

you kind of leave the guy hanging.....

My time is important too!

Maybe I am just too old for this league.....it certainly does not go like that in the other league I am in.

And just for the record inane, I have no reason to think it is/was you...………...

Don't you play the old card, that's my job! 

:P

• Haha 1

I have that happen to me a lot with trades in all three leagues I am in. Has sort of been that way for the 8 years I have been playing so i don't notice so much now really, but it is true. 

about 1/3rd of the players i talk to over time about trades just don't reply and i have grown used to deleting threads after about 5 or 6 days of nothing. Sometimes its the 5th day i get a reply as some folks only play on the weekends but yeah if its been a week, 97% chance I am not hearing back on it. Sorry that this is the case because it is rude of us all, but not on purpose. IMO it is the culture in fantasy forums. I had originally taken it to be "i guess he is mad about the offer/counter offer or totally uninterested" but figured over time that it was more of a "no thanks, moving on" kind of silence. 

This one time a guy replied "There is literally nothing on your pathetic team sheet that I could possibly want to trade for" and while that person is still a GM in many leagues here 6 or 7 years later, I have only just this year made a trade with him since that message came to me years ago. LOL. I guess what I am saying is not only is what you DON"T SAY speaking a lot about you, guys, but what you do say sometimes also does. hahahahaha....dang i should learn to keep it short in that case and say so much less. 

• Hydration 1

Dallas sends Jesperi Kotkaniemi down to the AHL

Dallas recalls Jesper Boqvist

@Primal Optimist

Edited by Baer.
  • Upvote 1

Minnesota Wild place Andreas Johnsson on LTIR (LINK), and recall Taro Hirose.

@Primal Optimist

(Ps. - Leo Komarov still needs to be added to the roster on the spreadsheet, already done in pickup.)

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, D-Money said:

Minnesota Wild place Andreas Johnsson on LTIR (LINK), and recall Taro Hirose.

@Primal Optimist

(Ps. - Leo Komarov still needs to be added to the roster on the spreadsheet, already done in pickup.)

Was sure I did this so i went and looked and he is tucked nicely into your IR section. I will move him to your main club on your sheets if he is on your pickup? Makes sense to me..i must have "built" him there and forgot to move him up when the work was completed. Thanks, will catch it in the morning's updates.

Also the trade in my inbox will be looked at right now...and updates coming in the morning for EKL, cheers.