The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

EKL Fantasy Keeper League 2019-20 season

Primal Optimist

After missing the playoffs, the Bolts sit 1st in the Atlantic at the Christmas break, just 44 points back of PIT for 1st in the East.

Eichel was finally shut down, but after an 18 game point streak, he has an impressive 51 points.

Will be open to more deals before the deadline. At full strength our roster looks like:

Nelson - Eichel - Rantanen

Iafallo - Hayes - Granlund

Hagelin - Bozak - Lemieux

Wood - Copp - Hathaway

Carrier, Jankowski

Josi - Barrie

Giordano - Klefbom

McCabe - Fabbro

Polak, Clifton

Vasilevskiy

Ullmark

• Upvote 1

a small post on Buffalo's team sheet update:

the clause noted for Rinne was simply not deleted from his previous contract: the post announcing the two year deal says nothing about an NMC, easy to fix: deleted. Rinne has no clause for his two year contract @Nicklas Bo Hunter ! merry xmas, lol i will edit this as i go, that is the first error so off to a grande start.

-------------

Brett Ritchie was qualified and then signed an offer sheet below his Q.O. which Buffalo matched. I will simply note this RFA signing as one of the 8 or 9 thus far that may be tweaked to bring them into our rule set backdated to when they were signed. (*described in earlier notes, and thus far if all of the RFA signings are fixed no team would be put out of compliance: so that is a good sign. Still likely to fix em all at the end of January at once)

Edited by Primal Optimist

Weekly Wildcards!

chips in: 154 (won 0 last week)

Thursday's Fantasy Five for Friday's Games will be:

Boston Bruins VS Buffalo Sabres

Toronto Maple Leafs VS New Jersey Devils

Carolina Hurricanes VS New York Rangers

Columbus Blue Jackets VS Washington Capitals

Minnesota Wild VS Colorado Avalanche

Pick a winner for each game and post in thread: Majority will determine our collective picks!!!  *About six weeks worth of chips left unless we turn this around! More votes the better: come one come all and make your guesses at who wins each game! As always I will only break a tie, otherwise I vote with the majority.

:gocan::gocan::gocan:

IR Assignments: New York Rangers move Brent Seabrook, Troy Terry, Oliver Bjorkstrand and Matthew Peca to the injured reserve.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/injuries

Recall: New York Rangers recall Jakob Lilja and Tobias Rieder from the AHL.

@Primal Optimist

Edited by JimLahey
Added Bjorkstrand to the IR assignment.
  • Thanks 1

image.jpeg.3d3c84240aaa35005002e93fedb00d38.jpeg

Was just a small update tonight, but everything should be tickety boo on PIckup tomorrow morning and on your team sheets now! 

@JimLahey You must have a minimum of 6 Dmen, and so Seabrook is not on IR until you call up a Dman to replace him with. You have a metric ton of cap space so this doesn't affect your team one way or the other if there is NO dman available. I will watch to see if you call one up, but please remind me by putting Seabrook back on IR should you decide to call one up.

GAME ON! New Years is my better holiday anyhow...CAN"T WAIT FOR 2020... I am after all .. :bigblush: .. an Optimist!

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, JimLahey said:

Recall: New York Rangers recall Karl Alzner from the AHL so we can move Seabrook to Robidas Island.

@Primal Optimist

Keeping in mind the Floor is 60.2 million and your at 63m, AND the EKL has no benefit to putting a player on IR except that it frees up a roster slot for a point earner to be called up...and since Seabrook would drop you substantially BELOW(edit, lol i said above originally) the floor and Karl Alzner is in the A in real life: Robidas Island will have to wait.

But it is a stunning bit of bad luck in December!

I just can't send down Seabrook, nor would it benefit you to do so anyway. On the upside: Cap Crunch? What cap crunch?

NSH isn't sold on its teams playoff readiness. Willing to listen to offers on all of our playoff and non playoff bound guys. 

Only going to make a deal if it helps the future of the franchise. Looking for youth or veteran leadership.

Calgary Updates: the M-NTC where Carl Soderberg will provide a 10 team No Trade List has been added to Calgary's team sheet for Carl Soderberg: missing from inaugural draft notes. Also had to add a year to Mikael backlund's contract to have it properly expire at the end of 23-24 season. Missing parts of Clauses fixed on Backlund/Hornqvist/Little. each was missing the basic nmc/ntc at the beginning of their contracts before the M-NTC's kick in. All up to date now and proper. Ready for a new GM!!

More exciting than that however; I have a trade in the ol' inbox!

Will be processed in the morning along with the update manana. Feliz Navidad, y Happy New Year! 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

Minny’s D-core:

Hedman - Ekblad

Heiskanen - Pesce

Cole - Myers

Grzelcyk

Simek

Minny’s GMs: “Hmmm...we can do better than that...”

Can you? <_<

We shall see. :lol: