The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van /CBJ(Proposal)

Tell Bo captain my Captain to convince his best buddy to sign a decent next contract. Anderson is exactly what we need and what I hoped Jake would be. Jake doesn't have a mean bone in his body, sure looks like the coach has given up on the kid. Be more than willing to move him along if we can get a proper legit power forward back.

That said...back up the Brinks truck cause Jake is a throw in any deal for Anderson. We would have to add significantly, but we should consider it in my opinion!

2 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, past the fact that the title of this thread is REALLY bad, I think a trade that "might" work could be something like:

To Columbus:

Baerstchi 1 million retained

2020 6th round pick 

To Canucks:

2020 4th round pick

Reason for Columbus to do this? They have cap space and could use a boost in scoring without committing to anyone that has a contract that runs too long.

Reason Canucks do this? Obviously, it would save us about 2.3 million in cap space. Also, there really isn't a place on this team for Baerstchi, and personally I think he deserves better. To be effective, he needs to have a top 6 role, and there isn't really anyone on this team that he's going to displace at this point. He's talented and has been a really good stop gap player for us, but I've felt for a couple of years that his stay with the Canucks would be short term as we had other cheaper players in the system who could play the same type of game that he does.

We need space, let him go cheap.

CBJ could have already take Baer for free... and passed.... so why give up assets??

1 hour ago, Snapshot85 said:

CBJ could have already take Baer for free... and passed.... so why give up assets??

When players are on waivers and teams pass, it doesn't always mean that there's no interest. Often teams will waive a player and he gets traded after being waived. Picking up someone on waivers isn't always as easy as fans think. The receiving team may have to waive someone on their own side to make room for the player.

In this case, I'm suggesting that if we offer to cover 1 - 1.5 million of his remaining contract, that might be enough to entice Columbus to pickup a player who has shown that he can score goals.