The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 27, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

16 minutes ago, Wilfred said:

Would like an explanation as to why so often at even strength hockey, in the defensive zone it looks like this team is on a PK. Players frequently go out of their way to back off from the puck carrier, and give them all kinds of time and space. It's just mind numbing. There's no logic to it. Why is our strategy defensively to GIVE up space. GIVE them time. 

:bigblush:

Cause 

Image result for tank gif

Just now, Seinfeld said:

Trade Boeser in a hockey deal, one-for-one. 

Kyler Connor, Travis Konecny, Pierre Luc-Dubois, Matthew Tkachuk (oh what could've been).

In comparison, these players are substantially better in all areas of the game save for Boeser's shot, which hasn't been that effective for a while now if we're being honest. 

I like Boeser but we have to realize rookie season Boeser is likely never coming back and changes need to be made. 

Boeser is young.  With all that is going on in his personal life right now, I feel he may be having challenges coping with the pressure at home and at work.  But I will always believe on him.  And when things get better, this kid is going to be lights out.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

That play was not offside 

as much as I am a homer it was onside 

no other player crossed and if the puck proceeded Malkin.. which it didn’t, they would rule he had it in control 

The middle player with his back skate up is offside. His leg was off the ice before the puck fully crossed the line. Had he held the line it would be onside but he picked his foot up. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck2288 said:

They have an ice angle video 

the puck was already in the zone at that point 

if we are trying to blame a 7-6 loss I. A video replay instead of our awful coach we are looking in the wrong direction 

The still @MikeyD posted was from that angle at the moment the puck crossed. It was a botched offside call.

doesn't excuse the other 5 goals though. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Boest-er said:

If im being honest, Boeser dosen't seem to fit in with greens system. If we get another coach and he still isn't producing then we can go to these conclusions

As much as I'm down on Green, Boeser is producing. He's pretty much a PPG player this year. That's the thing about Boeser. Even when he's not playing his best hockey, he can still find the scoresheet. I'd take that a million times over a guy like Tanner Pearson, who statistically falls off the face of the earth when he's going through a  rough streak. 

Boeser is not the problem with this team. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

I sure hope Makar gets held off the score sheet tonight.

Hughes played good tonight.

4AD46D04-81DB-4196-BC92-125E0154564D.jpeg

Hughes doesn't have much of a chance of beating Makar unless he, Makar, gets injured. Makar is a complete defensemen with as good or better offensive ability as Hughes. Hughes takes a lot more risk and struggles physically in his own end. It's pretty much like Eichel vs McDavid honestly.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Seinfeld said:

Trade Boeser in a hockey deal, one-for-one. 

Kyler Connor, Travis Konecny, Pierre Luc-Dubois, Matthew Tkachuk (oh what could've been).

In comparison, these players are substantially better in all areas of the game save for Boeser's shot, which hasn't been that effective for a while now if we're being honest. 

I like Boeser but we have to realize rookie season Boeser is likely never coming back and changes need to be made. 

simon cowell facepalm GIF

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

They have an ice angle video 

the puck was already in the zone at that point 

if we are trying to blame a 7-6 loss I. A video replay instead of our awful coach we are looking in the wrong direction 

No it wasn't. I literally posted you the first frame of the puck fully entered into the zone, bud. Do you want me to send you a video as proof? 

17 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

OMFG.....THAT IS A SERIOUS COLLAPSE WORSE THAN THE WASHINGTON ONE....FFS....did everyone just stop playing? FFS

Twice in less than one half of a season rests squarely on the men behind the bench, that applies to all major league sports.

• Upvote 2