The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 27, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, Lulover88 said:

not luck when it happens over and over again 

Yes it is. Lulover that is the basics of Nucks luck lololol. Watched them at 9 yrs old run against the Islanders sweep endured good and bad til early 90s then more more oops whoa west coast express damnit Lidstroms beachball beat Cloutier. Always a fan of this team and I think that the group of players we have now with a few tweaks will be better then almost all old Canuck teams. Except for 1 thing. They don't stand up for each other? That has been a thing since Burtuzzi took out Moore since then it's been free rein to other teams 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Seinfeld said:

While I agree Green sucks, the coach isn't at fault if a player is lazy, refuses to skate, and floats. He's careless with the puck and loses puck battles along the boards constantly. He had a shot at one point, but we haven't seen that for almost two seasons now. It takes him like 5 minutes to get the puck off his stick when he shoots now. 

Yes he is, that player should not be on the ice.

1 minute ago, CptCanuck16 said:

I think it's time to start shopping Sutter. He's been with us going on 5 seasons and in the previous 4 he has only managed to dress for 57% of the games. He's a good player but he is too injury prone. I'd rather have someone that actually plays  utilizing that cap space at this point. As soon as he's healthy again he should be traded asap.

Who is going to trade for a guy that plays 57% of a season?

33 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

This is Demko’s “Washington” game. Hopefully he will learn from this one. He had a fantastic 1st 2 periods, and then the 3rd was... well...

Has green ever pulled a goalie after seen him starting to stink up the place, I think not I don’t blame Demko he didn’t look comfortable and green needed to see that and pull him, and protect his young goalie

2 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

YOU FANS SUCK!

GOD DO YOU THINK IT IS THE FIRST TIME THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO A YOUNG TEAM?:picard:

It is ok to be disappointed, but god!

This reminds me of the Oilers having Dallas Eakins behind the bench, there were all these symptoms building.

It ended miserably, I'm seein some similar early signs.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

The middle player with his back skate up is offside. His leg was off the ice before the puck fully crossed the line. Had he held the line it would be onside but he picked his foot up. 

I think it was Guentzel but you cant really tell on replay and the call on the ice was onside, the opposite side angle would be better in this case because Malkin's ass is probably blocking the nearside angle as the puck is crossing the blue line.  I'm ok with the call and its not the reason we lost.  We didnt deserve a loser point or OT/Shootout win.  If it was the opposite, i'm pretty sure canuck fans would be saying it was onside too.  

Edited by amplified0ne
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Bummed to see the game end this way.

That 2nd period was pretty exciting. Full of energy and compete. 

Overall, we worked much harder than we did in Philly.

Good for the players to experience a period like that in the 2nd and early 3rd.

Hope this game gave them some confidence.

Even when we are not on our game like we were in the 1st, we still have a chance to come back. 

Keep grinding away. 

Pens looked good. Malkin was a beast. 

They played hard on EP40 and in the end, they had enough talents and experience to dig themselves out of 6-3 hole. 

I didnt like that last coaches' challenge. But I am not in position to judge.  

Hate to see the result but there were some positives that we definitely should take with us to the next game. 

There was more good than bad in this game, I agree.  But this isn't good enough.  With our power play and core player group... something has to be better, we should have won this game and by two or three.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, jmfaminoff said:

Boeser is young.  With all that is going on in his personal life right now, I feel he may be having challenges coping with the pressure at home and at work.  But I will always believe on him.  And when things get better, this kid is going to be lights out.

I understand it might be trying times for Boeser. But at the same time he has to do his job and play hockey. He half-asses so many plays. His poor effort level is very noticeable, especially when you see EP and Miller busting their ass every shift. 

• Upvote 1