The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 27, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Not as much as who's out. We're missing an entire NHL bottom 6. That's a pretty big blow. We have AHLers and young guys making them up to check a red hot Malkin's line and a Penguins team with a better winning percentage without Crosby. Our PK was top 5 with Beagle and Sutter and Ferland is still top 5 in hits on our team playing 12 games I think with Motte leading us in that department last year. We all know how good Roussel was before his injury.

You bring in a new coach with this soft of a lineup and this lack of defensive forwards in our bottom 6 we are still gonna lose a lot of games. Nobody to bring in spark our help the defensemen out. 

Not saying coaching hasn't been a problem but they're far from the main issue. If we start losing games like that with a full lineup consistently then fire the coach.

I blame green for running our players in a vulnerable and injury prone system. 

And then blaming injuries and not being able to coach the players he does have.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It's Green's job to make sure that the players are skating and putting the effort in. It's his job to utilize his timeouts and challenges effectively. It's his job to make sure the players are ready to start the game. It's his job to make sure the players aren't playing passive hockey. 

And assuming Green isn't the problem, what't the solution then? Get rid of all of the players that just happen to all be playing lame, passive hockey at the same time? 

Solution is to just let it ride out and enjoy the ups and downs of this team.  Elias and Boeser alone will push this team up into a playoff team if they dedicate themselves to defensive improvements.  I hate to keep bringing up Brock but he was on the ice for 4 of their goals today. Do you bench him next time in the 3rd?  I wouldn't like to see that because we're not a team that's trying to win at all cost this season.  

I'm with you in thinking that Green is not the man for the job when we become a contender, but we're much further away from that then we all thought.  

Anyways, you share an opinion with a lot of other fans and it's not wrong, but I just don't believe that it's productive for us to be changing coaches halfway through this season. 

Fact...every team knows to go blocker side on demko 

green calls up goldy puts in a bottom six role? Wtf is that 

im seeing alot of guys flatfooted not pressuring towards the end of these games almost like they gas out with 10 mins left 

i still have faith in this team but i dunno the coaching and management decisions are questionable 

• Upvote 2

I don't get all of those who say hire Babcock. Have you not been reading about what his players think about him. We don't need him playing mind games with Hughes Gaudette and Petey. He's a toxic poison. Just look at TO now that he's gone. If Green goes we can do better. 

I agree with those who see that in the 3rd 5 on 5 looked like a Pens PP. How the F*** does that happen!!!

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

I'm not saying Green isn't at fault, but honest question? Do you seriously not think the players need to share some blame for this effort too? 

Everybody deserves a share of the blame, but when every player to a man is playing the same passive, lackluster game, there has to be an underlying factor. 

10 minutes ago, gameburn said:

Your post is needed.

It is easy to miss just how bad this one was.  Takes an exasperated fan to remind us. Thanks.

Edler is finished as a player.  Not sure why this isn't being addressed by the team.  I love what he has done for the team for years, but he no longer has it.  Too slow, too passive.  Too vulnerable.  Boeser doesn't seem to have the intensity you need to defend, to get the puck back in your own zone.  The whole team retreats into a shell as if they are killing a penalty.  Just hopeless.  So 1990s.  Coach change all round.  

Edler 8 hits and he played 0ver 25 min. I seriously don't think he is finished as a player! Lets face it  Green is not using  the players properly

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Moe Knows said:

I don't get all of those who say hire Babcock. Have you not been reading about what his players think about him. We don't need him playing mind games with Hughes Gaudette and Petey. He's a toxic poison. Just look at TO now that he's gone. If Green goes we can do better. 

I agree with those who see that in the 3rd 5 on 5 looked like a Pens PP. How the F*** does that happen!!!

Easy Edler played every second shift

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Like who? 

Shhh no one has the answer to that question.

Really Green deserves criticism for November but who are these pitchforkers going to replace him with? I mean I guess Bill Peters is soon to be available. Oh and Babcock is free I hear as well. Or we could promote Newell Brown?

I think this stretch has highlighted how important Sutter is to this team. But that is Green's fault as well. Green can't make Gaudette and Pettersson win more faceoffs. He can't stop Schaller from over skating a puck twice in the last 2 weeks that leads to GWGs for the opposition. Does he deserve criticism? Absolutely, but the 'Fire Green!' bus coming through is a little pre mature. We have been a coaching carousel since AV and the Canucks need to put a hault to that.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Topcheeze86 said:

Fact...every team knows to go blocker side on demko 

green calls up goldy puts in a bottom six role? Wtf is that 

im seeing alot of guys flatfooted not pressuring towards the end of these games almost like they gas out with 10 mins left 

i still have faith in this team but i dunno the coaching and management decisions are questionable 

Goldy is in TG's doghouse for a while now. He needs to start kissing ass like LE does for gametime / icetime. What a waste of a roste spot probably another TG move.