The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 27, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Ugh that’s a tough one. Issue is does video show his skate off the ice ? 

This is all nitpicking. The canucks totally collapsed and imploded. Lost an embarrassing game when they were 3 up. Video review is just a distraction...they choked big time.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

As much as I'm down on Green, Boeser is producing. He's pretty much a PPG player this year. That's the thing about Boeser. Even when he's not playing his best hockey, he can still find the scoresheet. I'd take that a million times over a guy like Tanner Pearson, who statistically falls off the face of the earth when he's going through a  rough streak. 

Boeser is not the problem with this team. 

Boeser bashers.

They come in here with their hammers and everything turns into nails.

He's a big league threat in the offensive zone, what a weapon to have!

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, xereau said:

Team needs a big shake up. Too much complacency and lazy crappy play. 6 goals means exactly squat when you let in 8.

Won't shed a tear when this coaching crew is let go.

Rotiman's post was beautiful, much needed.  This game was historic.

I follow the Bundesliga as well as the Canucks.  When Bayern Munich lost a game 5 to 1 against an inferior, they fired the coach. Bye bye Kovacs.  The team had been uneven for a while, but the standards at Bayern are very high.  Kovacs failed.  Kovacs was ready to resign and more or less did.  He knows what was expected.

Vancouver finally has a world class team here... and we don't seem to understand what's expected.  The coach did not adjust to the momentum of the game. He is used to losing, he accepts it.  Not his fault, has seen a lot of it in the last 2 years.  But this can't be the attitude now. 

I love all the people blaming injuries for the way this team is playing. Losing isn't the problem the effort level is. And even then every team deals with injuries. Colorado was/is absolutely ravaged by injuries, to star players no less. We are missing three 4th liners and a defensive 3rd liner and somehow we want to use this woe is me excuse for playing like we don't care.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

Ted Nolan - Marc Crawford - Mike Babcock 

Nolan is with Dallas and Crawford with Chicago

Canucks really don't have a lot of NHL experience behind the bench for a 1st time coach in Green and assistant coach Baumgartner.   Newell Brown has been an assistant coach.  

Vigneault has two former head coaches in both Therrien and Yeo.  Montgomery in Dallas has 3 in Stevens, Bowness and Nolan.  Even Eakins coming back to the NHL has Darryl Sutter as special advisor. 

From a recent article by Associated Press:

Of 31 teams, 20 have a former NHL head coach as an assistant and six have more than one. Concerns about having too many cooks in the kitchen are no match for the benefit of having experience dealing with players, handling game situations and scouting opponents.

“There’s nothing but positives,” Vigneault said. “I’ve got guys that understand exactly what I’m going through and understand exactly what I mean as far as feedback. Nobody understands a head coach better than a former head coach.”

Reirden in Washington on having former head coach Scott Arniel:

“I think I had had 10 or 11 years of assistant or associate coach (experience),” said Reirden, who was Barry Trotz’s top assistant when the Capitals won the Cup in 2018. “But not being a full-time head coach in this league, and I thought it was important to have someone like Scott that had gone through the same type of thing: Good things that worked for him, in the same breath things that he wished he could do over and positives and negatives we could work on together.”

• Thanks 2

Just now, I.Am.Ironman said:

Shhh no one has the answer to that question.

Really Green deserves criticism for November but who are these pitchforkers going to replace him with? I mean I guess Bill Peters is soon to be available. Oh and Babcock is free I hear as well. Or we could promote Newell Brown?

I think this stretch has highlighted how important Sutter is to this team. But that is Green's fault as well. Green can't make Gaudette and Pettersson win more faceoffs. He can't stop Schaller from over skating a puck twice in the last 2 weeks that leads to GWGs for the opposition. Does he deserve criticism? Absolutely, but the 'Fire Green!' bus coming through is a little pre mature. We have been a coaching carousel since AV and the Canucks need to put a hault to that.

&^@# anyone at this point put a &^@#ing scarecrow there.

Ice Hockey Reaction GIF by NHL

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Torts said:

I blame green for running our players in a vulnerable and injury prone system. 

And then blaming injuries and not being able to coach the players he does have.

Dude what?

That's reaching man. Like I do criticizes Green but you're trying to make weird ways too. You could literately say that about every coach in the NHL.

If we start losing after regaining our bottom 6 then i'll hop on the fire Green train gladly.

Until then I am gonna hope that these guys aren't out too much longer because things are ugly.

• Cheers 1

damn what a display of team defence and goaltending

and surely we lead the league now in number of games giving up 5 goals in the 3rd period

anyway ... go team go

it does bother me when i start to get the feeling

that is would be more fun to track individual player stats and performances again

like the last couple of seasons

then be more interested in how the entire team is doing

27 minutes ago, KyoNami said:

Bruh a bad loss and instantly it's such a negative attitude in here... 

Woooooooooooo! Way to blow a 3 goal lead in the 3rd period boys! Better luck next time! Rah rah rah!

Is that better? 

On the bright side at least all of our top players got points and JV and AG scored goals as well. I was happy about that. 

• Haha 1